Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Re-registerd my Nook, but entered wrong password (One digit

Customer Question

re-registerd my Nook, but entered wrong password (One digit omitted) so that became locked out. Could be unlocked please. Tablet frozen completely, all that shows is the word `Working` and .. please wait.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Try a soft reset ad if that works well and good and if not then you will have to do a hard reset which will erase personal data and after that there will be no password ***** you can can use is a normal as before.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Soft reset steps: Press and hold down the power button for 35 seconds and let the device be off for 5 mins power it back on and let me know how it goes.
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I see you have requested a remote assistance. connect the Nook to the computer on which you are chatting with me now i will send you the remote link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not open my Nook. the 35 second wait then re-power made no difference, I still only get `Working` Please wait, on Nook screen. I have no means of connecting Nook to computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mentioned a `Hard Re-set` how would I do this
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Factory ResetStep 1 Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to turn off the Nook tablet. Wait about 10 to 15 seconds.Step 2 Press and hold the power button, and then press and hold the “Home” (“n”) key will still holding the power button down. The screen flashes, and then the message, “Touch the Future of Reading” appears. The message disappears, and then the Factory Reset prompt is displayed.Step 3 Press the “Home” key to execute the factory reset. A confirmation screen is shown.Step 4 Press the “Home” key once again to confirm the reset action. The Nook tablet is deregistered from Amazon, and original factory settings are restored.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After step 1 and starting step 2 cannot press the home (n) key as no keyboard appears. PC World do not stock Nook accessories, ie USBs so cannot connect device to computer.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
please let me know the model number and serial number of the nook
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, no indication on device case about model or no. have no accompanying literature. Now getting message on screen that device close to being locked out possibly due to wrong password ***** Am told to try again in 30 mins, have done so with same results.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Turn on the tablet and follow the steps from the tab screen1. From the home screen, tap your Apps icon, and go to Settings.2 Select Backup and Reset on Android 2.3 Gingerbread and above.3 Select Factory data reset. steps from the physical buttonMake sure that the device is fully powered down.Find your device key combination, and press and hold it to boot your Android device in recovery modeCombination 1 - Volume Up + Camera button.Combination 2 - Volume Down + Power button.Combination 3 - Volume Up + Power button.Combination 4 - Volume Up + Home + Power button.Combination 5 - Volume Down + Volume Up + Power button.Combination 6 - Home + Camera button.Combination 7 - Home + Power button Release the buttons when the device is powered on.You will see the device booting into recovery mode.Press the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to scroll up or down through menu options.Select Wipe data/Factory reset with the volume keys.Press the Power button to confirm your selection.Continuing to use the volume buttons, Select Yes – erase all user dataPress the Power button to confirm your selection.Your device will now be reset to its factory default state.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would gladly go to the apps setting, but the device will not allow me to get beyond the registration application when it tells me that I must enter a valid ;password ***** address, or that there is a difficulty in registering, and that I should either ring an 0800 help line number, which, whenever I ring, an automated message tells me that it is not possible to take the call, or go to the nook help website which just brings us full circle.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
have you tried the button reset steps given above?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to turn off the Nook tablet. Wait about 10 to 15 seconds. Press and hold the power button, and then press and hold the “Home” (“n”) key will still holding the power button down. The screen flashes, and then the message, “Touch the Future of Reading” appears.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, have tried the button re-set steps. It does not matter what I do, I can`t get anything other than a heading, "Welcome to your Nook" followed by a request to complete registration which ends with an instruction to enter a valid password ***** address which is invariably not accepted, even though a couple of times I have been told that my account is blocked which indicates that the account is known to Nook.I can only repeat that I can get neither a keyboard (On which to press N Home), or a screen showing apps etc.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
If the account is blocked the you will have to contact amazon who takes care of the nook accounts, i will look for a number where you can call and get it unlocked then you can reset the nook without a problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Customer Service: 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-***-***-****)International Customer Service: 1-***-***-****Monday - Friday, 8 am to 11 pm ETSaturday & Sunday, 9 am to 11 pm ET
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried both numbers, neither available. Any more ideas ?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i have tried the international number myself right now and its ringing and reaching the ivrplease try again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried international No. keep getting (English) recorded message "Sorry, there is no reply" can only keep trying and hoping. Perhaps will try internet `Contact us` site.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i have tried both the numbers and they are working
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
click here to chat with the customer service