Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I inherited a Sony RF Transmitter and headphones, type RF810R

Customer Question

I inherited a Sony RF Transmitter and headphones, type RF810R from my neighbour, who died. There was no paperwork but for 3 years the system has worked well with a Samsung TV set. Recently however the headphones appear to not be charging fully, the sound more or less dies away after a minute or so and becomes distorted. The transmitter seems to be working OK in that I can walk around the house and the (unsatisfactory sound) follows me around. All this has happened on a charge 1 setting, but I obviously have no idea what the charge 2 setting means or does. Are there batteries that require changing? If so, where are they?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Battery life of MDR-RF810RK is not more than 2 years however it has worked more than 3 years in that case you will have to replace the battery to get it back in working again with full charger.You can order the batteries online from Amazon as its available. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-MDR-RF970RK-MDR-RF925RK-MDR-RF4000K-MDR-RF860RK/dp/B002MPV2XU