Martin
Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

I accidentally blocked SystemSettingsBroker.exe and cannot

I accidentally blocked SystemSettingsBroker.exe and cannot get it allowed again. How can I do so?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.How long ago did you block it?Would you like me to connect with you and fix the problem remotely, that way we can avoid causing any additional problems?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just a description of how to correct this would be fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am reasonably computer literate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried to go to a restore point but this has not resolved the problem.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Sure, just give me a little more info on the matter then.What OS are you running?What did you block SystemSettingsBroker.exe with?Have you tried system restore from safe mode instead of normal mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10.A pop up came up saying that SystemSettingsBroker.exe was trying to run and did I wish to allow it and I clicked no.I haven't tried system restore from safe mode but would rather resolve it without a restore if possible as I wouldn't want to lose other changes.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
The message you saw is from UAC (User Access Control) - you most likely downloaded something and tried to run it, which required administrative permissions and you denied it from running with admin privileges.It doesn't mean you cannot try running it again - UAC asks you each time if you want to allow it or not.Unless you disabled it with Norton, McAfee, or any other anti virus that has a firewall.There's no need to run a system restore for this, what were you trying to do originally?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sussed it! It was Panda Anti-virus that was denying access. All good now.Many thanks
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
You are more than welcome, glad it's working!If you could take a moment to click on one of the green stars at the top to rate me for my time, it would be greatly appreciated!Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.Regards,Martin