Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have locked my Tab S2. It demands a fingerprint but will

Customer Question

I have locked my Tab S2. It demands a fingerprint but will not accept the one originally recorded and, since a recent upgrade, does not allow the alternative password ***** has worked before. Could you advise, please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. It looks like the upgrade was corrupted. Is it okay to reset the tablet fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
The only way to fix this issue is to reset the tablet fresh, like brand-new, then it will let you set up the tablet with a new password ***** fingerprint you want. Please try the following steps:Press and hold the Power button, then select the Power off option and confirm to turn off the tablet.With the device turned off, press and hold the 3 buttons: Volume Up + Home + Power button at the same time.Release all buttons when the Samsung Galaxy / Android logo appears on the screen.Then you should see the recovery menu.Use the Volume Down button to select the option wipe data/factory reset, then press the Power button to confirm.Use the Volume Down button to select the option Yes -- delete all user data, then press the Power button to confirm.- Then it will start the process.Once finished, press the Power button when the option reboot system now appears.Then follow the on-screen instructions to set up the tablet.; If needed, please click on the website below for video instructions:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiFsWfiqHTc - Do you see a menu when trying the above steps?When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,