Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I haven't used my Toshiba U300 a while and have forgotten

I haven't used my Toshiba U300 for quite a while and have forgotten the password. I have forgotten probably thanks to life saving heart surgery I had for a thoracic aortic aneurism followed by 8 days in intensive care. How do I open it without my old password?
Christine Farrell
+44(###) ###-####
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please Christine, which version of windows you are using on the Laptop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whatever it came with when I purchased it. It says on the opening page Windows Vista home premium
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, there is a simple method and a complex method for this.It is dependent on do you have data you need to keep on the laptop?As the simple method is to reinstall windows which means you lose your data and programs and would need to install this again.Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am not dependent on data stored on the laptop.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksPower off the Laptop.Then hold the 0 (zero) key and with it held, power on the Laptop.Keep Zero held until it has started and you are at the recovery managerthen follow the onscreen steps to perform a factory restore.This will reinstall windows so the Laptop is as new, and you can then set it up again and use it.Let me know please how you go.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
How did you go with this Christine?