Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I have recently renewed my Visa debit card with RBS.I am

Customer Question

I have recently renewed my Visa debit card with RBS.
I am now unable to pay bills using my new card.I am advised by RBS that this is an issue caused by Google Chrome who I am using for my internet access.
Could you please advise the actions I need to take.
regards
Tony Booth
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tony, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. DO you still need help with this problem?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jess
It would appear that I have a virus on my computer.I have confirmed with RBS that the negative messages appearing on my screen are not generated by RBS.
I have installed Norton anti virus software.
Are you in a position to assist or to give me advise on how to remove the virus.RegardsTony Booth
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am sorry to hear about your issues. Yes, I can surely assist you in cleaning up that virus but I highly recommend using our Secure Remote Assistance (SRA) if the problem computer is still connected to the internet. With SRA, I can directly check your computer, perform virus removal and finally perform cleanup and optimization to ensure that all traces of the virus and all its damages done ion your PC are repaired.

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting for a Secure Remote Assistance. However, there was an error from your end when I tried to accept your request. I will still be here to assist you further until the said error is corrected.

Best regards,

Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using our additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool called JoinMe since you are using a Mac. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.

1. Please click on this link:
https://join.me/
2. In that page, please click on the orange "Start meeting" button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. After downloading, double click on the downloaded file to run the remote access tool to join me in the remote session.
5. Then share your screen and then give me the 9-digit code that you will see in the small JoinMe window. I will be waiting for the 9-digit code.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I will be signing off in few minutes from now and I will be back online and available 12 to 14 hours from now. If we cannot make the remote session today I hope we can make it 12 to 14 hours from now. If if you have a preferred schedule for the remote session, please let me know.

Regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Jess
I assume we need to set up a telephone call so that you can gain access on line to my computer.
I am available tomorrow ,Tuesday between 9am and 11am.
Please confirm.
RegardsTony Booth
Expert:  Jess M. replied 12 months ago.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing back. Unfortunately, I do not provide phone support. Yes, I will be available tomorrow and I have already sent you the procedures for you to follow so that we can do the remote session.

I will give you the numbered steps again. Here are the steps:

=======

1. Please click on this link:

https://join.me/

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Jess
I have followed the necessary steps.
There is a box at the top of the screen with the 9 digit number.
What happens now?
RegardsTony Booth
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Jess
You did not respond to my message so I have disconnected the link.
Please respond
Tony Booth
Expert:  Jess M. replied 12 months ago.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry to have missed your replies. Please let us schedule our secure remote session when both of us are online. Your last reply came to me 5 hours ago and I was online by that time but I did not get the notification.

I am still online now and for the next 2 to 3 hours (it is 10:05PM here by the time of this reply). And I will be available again tomorrow and that will be 10 hours from now.

And what you will do is open the JoinMe tool again and in that small window, you shall see a 9-digit code. Just give me that code so that I can connect.

Jess

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Jess
How do I give you the 9 digit code?
It appears in the box and asks if I want screen access.
When you take over my screen, what indication do I receive.
If this distance form of communication does not work then I now have an Apple help line number which I will use.
Tony Booth
Expert:  Jess M. replied 12 months ago.

Tony, please just type here in your reply, the 9 digit code that you see in the small joinme box

Expert:  Jess M. replied 12 months ago.

How is it going? If you already opened JoinMe there, then you shall see the 9-digit code. That is the code that I need.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Jess
The number you require is 394 125 249Tony Booth
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Jess
I have sent you the number and I am waiting at my screen.
Are you in a position to respond?
Tony Booth
Expert:  Jess M. replied 12 months ago.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the code. I will connect now.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 12 months ago.

I am connected now and I requested mouse control. Please grant me control for the mouse