Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I have a DMR-EX86EB which will play as a slideshow JPEG images

I have a DMR-EX86EB which will play as a slideshow JPEG images burned onto a CD as Data files using Nero Burning Rome on a PC using WindowsXP. It will not play JPEG images burned onto CDs from the same batch using the CD burner on Windows 10. Can I solve this problem by downloading a different CD burner system. I no longer have the Nero system and am using a different camera.
Help, please
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In your case, you can install the Nero Burning ROM application on the Windows 10 computer and use that to create your CD slideshows or you can use the free slideshow utility found at the following page: http://www.flash-slideshow-maker.com/ver2/support/tutorials/make-photo-slideshow-with-music.php After downloading and installing the free slideshow application, you can use it to burn the slideshow to your CD. I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.I will be standing by,Jason In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page. To keep them handy, you may wish to bookmark or favorite one of the pages that are listed below. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!".Profile page:http://JasonFixedit.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure this gets me any further ahead. When I I opened the website from the Google search I had expected to be contacting a Panasonic technician and thought it worth getting an authoratative opinion before loading other programs. However, you seem to be part of an independent set-up. Can you tell me why the Panasonic DMR-EX86EB won't read discs burned with the Windows 10 program and will it read those burned using the programs you suggest?
Are you saying that the DMR device doesn't read discs anymore in Windows 10? This is the first time you mentioned that. I need all the important information regarding the problem before I can give the correct solution.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am saying it will not read JPEG images burned onto discs by the Windows 10 CD burner
Thank you for the clarification. From what I read in the initial question is that you were interested in creating slideshow CDs on the Windows 10 computer just as you did on the XP machine. Does the Windows CD drive recognize that there is a CD in the drive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no problem with slideshows in Windows 10. My problem is that when I download the JPEG image to disc using the Windows 10 disc burner the disc thus created will not play in the Panasonic DMR-EX86EB. It recognises the disc but will not play a slideshow from it.
Thank you for the update. That is what I thought you needed help with in the beginning. Please, follow my instructions that I gave in the first place. Doing so, will help you create the CD in Windows 10 that will work on your DMR device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK but I this will have to wait till opportunity presents. Others have advised me to try CDburnerXP. Do you think this would do as well as the one you recommended? It looks simpler.
CDBurnerXP will burn data. Do you wish to create a "Slideshow"? If you wish to create a slideshow, CDBurnerXP will be of no help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I will get back to you in a day or two with some results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****, Since we last spoke Microsoft down loaded the latest update to my system and this has heralded the onset of a whole package of problems. These are being sorted but until they are I am reluctant to attempt anything new. I will try your suggested solution to my problem when I can. It will take time. In the meanwhile can you tell me why the Panasonic DMR-EX86EB will not play discs burned in Windows 10?
Thank you for the update. There are several reasons why the Panasonic device may not play the discs. I will be standing by.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me some, please?
The list of culprits behind why anything may not be working is very long. Figuring out why what you did failed would require me to know how you did it.