Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have had phone calls from persons purporting to be from Talk

I have had phone calls from persons purporting to be from Talk Talk telling me that there is a problem with my router and that I am eligible for a refund of £200 and that a number of errors have built up in my computer. please confirm that these calls are genuine or is it a scam. Thank you *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. That is a scam. Please do not follow any instruction from them. This is usually a scam in order to get your personal information and/or your bank / credit card account number. Please always ignore any phone call (or email message or popup window) that you do not know or that you are not expecting. Never give out your personal information to someone you do not know or that you are not expecting.Do you have any further question and/or do you need anything else for now?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.