Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am using an Epson V370 scanner with Win7. Having scanned

I am using an Epson V370 scanner with Win7. Having scanned a document I tried to save it, but received an error message: ABBYY Fine Reader will be terminated. Licensing service is unavailable. RPC server unavailable.
Do I have to have ABBYY Fine Reader? If so, and I download a new copy, how does it get tied to the Epson scanner?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeIt is the program you set to use for this type of scanned file.To fix this problemOpen the Start menu.Click the Control Panel item.Go to (System and security >) Administrative Tools > Services.Find the ABBYY FineReader Licensing Service in the list of services and right-click it.Select Properties from the shortcut menu.Select the General tab.Check if the Automatic item is selected in the Startup type drop-down list. If a different item is selected, select Automatic.Click the OK button.In the Services dialog, right-click the ABBYY FineReader Licensing Service and select either Start or Restart from the shortcut menu. I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know the results please.