Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I recently purchased a faulty Seagate device (20-R6KQZ-11-S

Customer Question

I recently purchased a faulty Seagate device (20-R6KQZ-11-S 19/04/16, according to Ingram Micro UK Customer Services). I was a wireless 500GB STDC500206, in white, and its serial number was NA350CW7. The device worked satisfactorily for the first day only, then a fault with its connecting port (I think) prevented any further use. Thinking I was doing the right thing, I contacted Ingram Micro but they replied that if I wanted a replacement (and not the cash paid), and that I would need to contact [Digital River] to raise a return with Ingram. Can you help me, please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Sam, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Did you purchase this product in a local store or an online store?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Online
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ingram Micro UK advised me: "This was purchased by Digital River you will need to contact them to raise a return with us." What happens now?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. Do you still have the notification email that you received after purchasing the device from Ingram Micro UK? Was the notification email coming from Digital River?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
From:***@******.***
Subject: Seagate Online Store - Shipping Confirmation (Order #15492618462)
Date: 20 April 2016 at 04:36:50 BST
To:***@******.***
Dear ***** Simmonds,Thank you for ordering from Seagate on 09 March 2016. The following product(s) have shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.Product SKU
Product Name
Qty Shipped
STDC500206
Wireless 500GB White
1
Shipping InformationProduct Name
Serial Number
Tracking Number
Wireless 500GB White
NA350CW7
PBVS7150336001 (Parcel Force)To look up your order, please visit: Seagate Customer ServicePlease note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.Sincerely,
Seagate Customer Service*Your Order and Billing Information:*Order Number: *********** Order Date: 09 March 2016
Tracking URL: http://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace?trackNumber=PBVS7150336001Sam Simmonds
*****Apt B Pimlico***** Pimlico
London SW1V 2BL GB *********** **@******.***
Password: 2XdTYP4eShipping Address:
Sam Simmonds
*****Apt B Pimlico***** Pimlico
London SW1V 2BL GB *********** **@******.***WEE/AD0745YV
http://store.digitalriver.com/store/defaults/en_GB/DisplayDigitalRiverAndTheEnvironmentPage
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
It appears that the email was coming direct from Seagate. Do you want a replacement of the faulty drive?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
please. How do I proceed? Can you handle this for me, please?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Please give me a moment. I have to first verify if the returns for replacement must be filed through digital river or through seagate itself. When you got your package, was the label of the sender showing Seagate? Or is it showing Ingram Micro?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All I know is what I was told by Ingram Micro UK (as copied above)
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Have you tried to contact the correct department of Ingram Micro for this returns and replacement concerns? Since you bought the device from them, since I believe they are partners with Seagate, they should be the one to provide support for this returns, and not channel you directly through Digital River. Digital River is only an eCommerce system provider of Seagate and many other companies.Please let me know if you have already contacted them through email.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in requesting for a return and replacement of the faulty drive while you watch on your screen? I cannot process the return for you or in your behalf.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have just forwarded your last reply to Ingram Micro UK, through whom I first contacted you. I have not yet received a reply from them and have now gone full circle. I await definite instructions as to how to proceed
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have now just received an e-mail from Ingram Micro telling me that "it is the IML team that look after Digital River". So I guess I now have to wait for them to come to the party?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
There are two ways to proceed on this. First is by contacting Ingram Micro since you bought the device from them. Since they are not the manufacturer, they will only channel or forward your request to Seagate since they have partnership. Seagate must provide support and that includes returns and replacement for their products but that should be channeled through their partner, which in your case, Ingram Micro. It is not a good service protocol for Ingram Micro to redirect you to Seagate or Digital River since you transacted with them (Ingram Micro) and not to Seagate or Digital River.The second option is to contact Seagate directly since you have the necessary information in that notification email to file a return and replacement. But I believe they are doing it now. A staff from one of their (Ingram Micro) departments who are in communication with Seagate or Digital River will surely bring the matter to the right agency on your behalf. I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess