Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

Clarify, I have used JustAnswer 3 times; 2 x US and 1 x UK,

Customer Question

clarify, I have used JustAnswer 3 times; 2 x US and 1 x UK,
but using ny second Gmail address of chadmiralty The US guy
was a ***** ***** Iand the Brit was Pete.
I am a Brit but currently living in Hungary.
Following a total meltdown of motherboard I need help with
setting up my new HP.
I have Windows 10 and generally use Opera. My needs are
limited and I like Speed Dial!
I had the Google Translate bar and it is still working on Gmail.
However, it is not visible on web-pages - even though it SEEMS
as though it should be there if I click on the Opera Menu button
and check the Extensions.
Can something be done by Remote Access (as was done with my
earlier US-solved problems!) Otherwise I would need a true Idiot's
Guide.
The same apples to problem 2:
I have some vision problems and am frustrated by the weak
blue/gray text which I need to change.
Over to you!
*************
*************
*************
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi Chadwick, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The second problem needs just a little clearing up, for me:

Is it the text in Opera, or the text 'everywhere' on your computer, that you need to have changed?

And how would you like it changed, please? to a LARGER FONT, or to darker, bolder text ?

The first problem... you need to be logged in to your Google account, for the Google Translate bar to show up in all web pages, I suspect.

I could offer Remote Access, if you'd prefer that, but I think both problems are fairly simple. I'm willing to be patient and explain stuff, at whatever level you prefer.

Let me know about the second problem, how you would like the text changed, please. Even with Remote Control Access, I would have to know how it is to be changed. Thanks.

Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience: 11 years experience
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
font size is not a problem,. What I need is BOLD with good contrastChad

Thank you for the favorable rating.

The Windows fonts (those that determine the appearance of lettering on your Desktop and in all Windows programs - but not the lettering within other programs) are changed on Windows 10 as follows (changing to Bold is counted as a change of font, by the way):

Start button - Control Panel - in search box, type in

window color

and then click on

Windows Colors And Metrics.

In the Item windows, select the part of Windows that you wish to change, for instance, to change the Menu font, select 'Menu'.

In the Font list, select a Bold font equivalent to the size and style of the one you already have.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Russell!
No doubt I am responsible for 90% of the confusion by not grasping how your website works
and I still think it poor! However, as I see it, I have paid 54 pounds for a Remote Access
Solution to my 2 problems - the Google Translate option and the Bold text setting. All is well
but I would now ask you to do the necessary with both as quickly as you can.
Time is passing and the presssure on me is rising!RegardsChad

I'd like to do the Secure Remote service.

You made and offer... somehow I cannot accept the offer you made.

Was it accepted by someone else? I don't know. Nothing has been done with it.

I will try to post another offer myself... we are 6 hours of time zone apart, and I have to be waiting at the computer to do the Secure Remote Assistance at the same time that you are at the computer and accept the offer / click the link.

I have been informed separately from this, that another Expert accepted the remote service offer you made earlier, and I cannot help you further with this case it seems. (I regret this.)

If you have any problem with Remote Service not getting done, I have no power (as having been separated from the transaction by the other Expert having accepted your request for Remote Service) to help. I must refer your concern to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through

***@******.***

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com; I have Opted Out of this case, with apologies.

Expert:  Steve M replied 8 months ago.

Hope this is of use to you... https://support.google.com/toolbar/answer/146786?hl=en

Expert:  Steve M replied 8 months ago.

Hi, To select bold + Contrast etc...

Windows 10-->

Click on your start button please (Bottom Left Hand Corner), Select "Settings" from the list, and then select "Ease of access", then Select "High Contrast", Click on "Choose a theme", and then select which ever one seems appropriate to you from the drop down box :-).

Good luck,

Stephen

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This help request has been with JA for over a week and I have paid 54 pounds.
I understand that the matter - 2 remote access solutions - is with you and that
you have taken over.,
Please confirm this and also that you can fix my problems in this way and quickly.
This process is becoming ridiculous. .RegardsChadwick
Expert:  Steve M replied 7 months ago.

Hi, Have you had any success with the 2 options I offered earlier?

The 2 remote access solutions above, are as I am aware not to do with me - as I did not offer them to you

Did they solve any of your issues?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hopefully my return can be directed to RUSSELL H who seemed to have prepared 99% to react by Remote Access before the system started to play games. JA still have my 35 gbp but have repaid the 19.
1 Complete the installation of Google Translate so that it works on web pages - as it used to, together with Gmail pages, where it continues to perform well. What is missing from what i did I have no idea!2 Give me better contrast and a bold typeface. I do not like a Brilliant White background (also a problem for me) and so a
more delicate very pale beige or grey would be good with a strong bold black, brown or whatever typeface.Can do?????Can you suggest times Tuesday or Wednesday to get over this time zone problemI am now starting to play with Skype with chadgeneral as my IDAwaiting your reaction!Chad
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 7 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for your patience,
Adam
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

(Chad: I noticed your posting. Again, another Expert accepted the remote service offer you made earlier, and I cannot help you further with this case it seems. And I do regret this.)

(Secure Remote Assistance, to explain it a little, doesn't take over your computer at once, not at all. First the Expert who takes on the task, posts you a link to click on. You have to click on that link, and wait, then have the Expert be online at the same time and connect to your machine, to have your machine under any control. I hope that clears up the background a little. Thanks for your patience.)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will someone react urgently - within 24 hours -
or return my deposit?
I am totally unimpressed by your service and claims.Chadwick