John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Good morning , Please can you hep restore my laptop windows

Good morning , Please can you hep restore my laptop windows 7 , when I logged on I got a message - you have been logged on with a temporary profile please see event log or contact admin ....i can no longer access my files, photos etc ...a couple of days ago windows 10 was installed automatically ( annoying) and I uninstalled it ......wondered whether this caused the problem .....Thanks ..
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Just to clarify you are getting user profile error message on the windows 7 PC also you are getting a temporary user account to login am i correct?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi John , Ok error message reads you have been logged on with a temp profile.......i cannot see details of the user account ?I may have clicked the securely connect by error just now ? i don`t want to pay any extra just yet ..sorry
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi John ....can you see my reply /
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
i can.Do not worry about the secure remote its not showing here.Try not to click on it accidentaly you can close it the pop up message when it shows up.Its currently working on windows 7 am i correct?Are you currently chatting to me from the problematic PC now and when did this problem started?John
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
this is the laptop that has the problem ....I turned of the laptop at 1.30pm yesterday when i turned it back on at 4.45 the error message appeared ...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Window 7 ...yes
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for the details.How many user accounts does it shows on the windows login screen?Do you have another PC or mobile device where you can chat to me and do the instructions at the same time? John
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just the one user account Angie Seymour (me) ...I have my ipad here too .....I can use it with the***@******.*** address
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Note : - Do not close this chat page.I will guide you to open this chat page on the ipadPlease open your email in that ipad and see if there are emails from justanswer and let me know?John
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2 emails on the ipad
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
OK open the one that says i just responded..... and then in that you can see a view reply click on that and it will open this page.See if that opens and let me knowjohn
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
clicked on that ...it says safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i tried again ...its ok now i can see our conversation ..
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
OK good are you sending this message from the ipad now,if not send one from it to check?john
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
John I am now typing on the iPad
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Awaiting your instructions
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Good now we will first try to do a system restore on the windows 7 PC this requires restart so you will get disconnected from the chat page if you continued from the PC that is why i asked to chat from the ipad.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok typing from the iPad...
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
First we will try to boot in safe mode with networking to do that please follow the instructions.Restart the computer then press F8 repeatedly. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears then you will get Advance boot Menu on the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the Safe Mode with Networking and then press ENTER.See if that boots to safe mode with networking and when you are in the login screen see if you can login without error message.Let me know
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I will try that
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Please do and let me know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm in the safe mode with networking ..preparing desktop ok ..error message now reads you cannot access your files and files created in this profile will be deletedwhen you log off, etc.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not sure how to log in as such ? It's always done this automatically before
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
OK that is the same temporary profile i believe. Will try to restore from that account.Please do the following 1. Press windows key and R key that will open run box2. In the Run box type rstrui and press enter that will open system restore window, Click on next3. In that windows it will show a restore date select that restore date were the PC was working fine (select the restore day before yesterday i believe that will be enough to fix this issue). If the required restore date is not listed then select Choose a different restore point on the bottom of the system restore window. Now select the desired restore date.4. Then click on next and continue with the system restore process During the process the system will restart to normal mode then try to login again and let me know the result.John
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok ...I tried a restore yesterday ....I cannot see the choose option ..it does read scan for affected programs ?
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Not that one.Do you see a restore date before yesterday in the list ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I cannot see the list .....when I tried yesterday a restore list didn't show ...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I put in a time of 17.20 22/05/2016 I tried that ....I coulndn see alist of restore points
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
You are not seeing anything like these images to choose different restore point or show other restore dates
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sadly no I cannot .....it does also read if you have changed your windows password ***** we recommend that you create a password ***** disk ...and the in blue create a psd word reset disk
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
I am confused does it show password ***** issue on the system restore screen?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No just confirm your restore point ,etc and yesterday's date ...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Should I click on the create a password ***** disk ???? Getting out of my depth ..
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
No that yesterdays date wont do any good because this problem started yesterday am i correct,if so cancel system restoreDo you have internet access in that mode?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Cancelling system restore ....ok I have google chrome open
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
May i remote access to that PC and check the issue directly.I know you do not want to spend any-more so i will do it without the charge this time.It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.john
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need a cup of tea..
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please yes that would be great if you can do that thanks
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
To do remote support please do the following Type the following web address in the address bar of Chrome : - http://tinyurl.com/ztzpdk8 then press enter to open that page.Then click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm here on the iPad thanks for your patience ...your works appreciated
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
You are welcome,Now i am going to restart the PC.keep this justanswer page opened in ipad.john
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok ...thanks
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
You are welcome.I believe you know what to do after its restarted to normal mode.john
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think so ....
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
OK i am in the PC now
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still connected...
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Good.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Entered the password..
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
OK did it show a administrator user account in the login page other than your normal user account?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Back on the ipad
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Good to know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Fingers crossed
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
When you are in the windows 7 login screen let me know and do not login to any user accounts.First i need to know whether there is administrator account showing .Let me knowjohn
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Is it restarting now or are you at the windows 7 login screen?john
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Entered the password ***** now preparing desktop
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
I told you to let me know when you are in the windows 7 login screen so that i can check whether there is a administrator account showing or not?Which account did you choose to login ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sadly still the temporary profile ....should I try administrator if I can find it .
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
please.Log off and then see if you can find administrator account the one with flower image.Let me know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok...should the administrator box show in the screen ..I'm only seeing the Angie one
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
it will could you please take a image of the windows login screen and send it to me using the add files below the reply box.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I see you are trying...
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
i am in admin account now
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.
Please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/Sincerely,John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.