Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I am attempting to set up a wifi connection. The password

Customer Question

I am attempting to set up a wifi connection. The password ***** my router does not work. Is this the same as the network security key? if not what is the keyk
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you Are you trying to access the wi-fi modem/router to change the settings in it or are you trying to connect your mobile devices and laptop to the wi-fi modem/router?What is the make and model of the wi-fi modem/router?Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying to connect a computer and a kindle paperwhite.
Talk Talk 01EFD6.
Windows 8
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details but the model you mentioned is not the correct one,could you please re-check and let me know.You can find the wi-fi password ***** the top or bottom of the modem too.john
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea what 'model' it could be. Suggestions?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Are you currently chatting to me from a computer that is connected to talk talk internet connection ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
In that case may I remote access to your PC and check the settings directly to find the wi-fi password. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I seem to need is the network security key. Can you provide it?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Usually if you haven't changes the key/password ***** on the bottom of the modem/router provided by talk talk.If you cannot find that then it can be found from the modem/router settings which i can find it by accessing the PC that is connected to the same talk talk connection that is why i asked whether i can access the computer and check it for you.Let me know.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
The wi-fi network name and password ***** ***** shown like this on the modem see if you can find it.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir/Ma'am checking to see whether you still need my help.Please let me know.Sincerely,JohnNote:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.