Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

Despite several attempts, The printer will not recognise the

Customer Question

Despite several attempts, The printer will not recognise the Cyan cartridge when replaced even though it is a Canon cartridge and bought as a Genuine cartridge pack at my local Sainsburys. What can I do to rectify this problem as of course the printer will not now operate?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 9 months ago.

What is the model number of your Canon printer please?

What is the ink number?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Canon MG6450
Cartridge CLI-551

okay, thank you. Did you follow these steps before inserting the ink cartridge.
(1) Take a new ink tank out of its package, remove the orange tape completely, then remove the protective film completely.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did everything as usual.

okay, try cleaning the print head nozzles> This video shows you how to check the print head nozzles and perform a cleaning operation.http://www.canon.co.uk/assets/videoplayers/video.html?bctid=2765242563001&st=/videos/subtitles/2765242563001.xml&data=/videos/data/2765242563001.xml

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Unfortunately it just brings up support code 1414 and will not let me do anything so canno9t proceed with cleaning setup.

okay, try this next please>

Turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and disconnect the USB cable from the computer.

Press and hold the "Power" and "Resume" buttons and plug the power cord into the outlet to begin printer initialization.

Release the "Power" button (while still holding down the "Resume" button) and then press and hold the "Power" button to activate test mode.

Release the "Power" and "Resume" buttons to activate service mode. Wait for the lights to stop flashing.

Press the "Resume" button to cycle through the settings until the message "Reset waste ink counter" or "Ink count" is displayed (press three or four times). If "Ink count" is displayed, press the "0" button to reset.

Press the "Set" or "OK" button and then turn the printer off and unplug the power cord. For some printers, press the "Cartridge" button if prompted on the display to reset the ink counter.

Plug the power cord into the outlet, plug the USB cable into the computer and turn the printer on.

Experience: Computer specialist
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still cannot get anywhere. I thinks I had better let you have a go so am paying the extra for this service. Have to stop at 5.00 p.m. as I am going out. By the way the printer is connect wirelessly.

What is the approximate purchase date of your Canon?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
not sure think it was Christmas 2014

okay,

it seems we are unable to resolve your issue via these avenues and a product repair is necessary, please follow the process below. As there may be small local differences in the specific process per country, please check the support pages for your country of residence via our country selector.
Locate your nearest Canon authorised service facility

Please use this link >>> repair centre locator tool to find the details of your nearest Canon authorised service facility.

Ensure that you include all necessary information with the product being returned

Please print and complete the standard Canon repair form to return with your product

This form will provide us with all of the information we require to investigate the issue with your product, to repair it if required, and to update you on the status of your repair. If you are unable to print the form, please confirm the same information in a letter which you should send to us with your product.

Ensure that the product is securely packaged for transit

As Canon accepts no liability for loss or damage that occurs during transit, we recommend that your product is safely and securely packaged. Depending on the value of the product, you may also wish to consider insuring the shipment.

Please note that it is always possible for you to take a product in person to an authorised Canon repair facility. The opening hours, address and other relevant details are provided via the 'Repair Contacts' link above.

Once I have sent my product in for repair, what happens next?

Once received by an authorised Canon repair facility, your product will be registered onto our repair system and an acknowledgement message will be sent to you to confirm receipt.

If you are claiming a warranty repair for your product, an initial investigation of the product and supporting documentation will take place in order to confirm that the warranty applies. If a warranty repair applies, your product will enter our standard repair process and, upon completion, the product will be dispatched to you or made available for collection.

If for any reason it is determined that a warranty repair is not applicable, you will be informed of this and an estimate can be provided for a chargeable product repair. A nominal fee may be applied for this assessment to take place however you will be contacted for your agreement prior to this. It will be clearly indicated on any estimate provided if the repair falls under our ‘fixed price repair scheme’, otherwise an estimate will be provided based on the estimated required spare parts and labour.

Costs estimates provided by Canon may always be accepted or declined by customers notifying the appropriate authorised Canon repair facility how they wish to proceed. Declining a cost estimate will result in the product being returned by Canon. Accepting a cost estimate will ensure that the product progresses via our repair process and once repaired, the product will be dispatched to you or made available for collection.

Canon is committed to protecting your privacy and any personal information supplied by you will only be used for effecting the repair process. Your personal data is held securely by Canon and will not be used for any further purposes. For further details on Canon’s Privacy Policy, please refer to our Terms and Conditions.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for trying. I take it that I will not be charged for the extra service as it was not possible to do it?

Your welcome.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Good morningI know you did your best but I am of course disappointed that the problem was not solved. Also I note that the charge for secure remote assistance has been charged and yet I am sure this did not happen. As you are a reputable contact I am certain this is a mistake and I therefore look forward to receiving the refund into my account shortly.

I am very sorry this did not work for you. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and you are not required to pay for something that did not help.