Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I cannot acess my online banking with Natwest. The bank says

I cannot acess my online banking with Natwest. The bank says that all my details are correct, but my tablet says that my pin or password ***** ***** The bank cannot help me, saying that they are correct. Can you help me please ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jean, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Have you tried to access your account using a computer instead of a tablet device?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I set up online banking 3/4 years ago on my tablet a nd it has always worked. I am 90 andbfind the tablet easier for me. Why has it stopped me now
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Jean,

Thank you for writing back and I am sorry about your issues. First, what web browser are you using to access your online banking account in your tablet? I suggest trying to use another web browser like Chrome.

Please download and install Chrome in your tablet, then use it to access your online banking account and see if it works there.

Keep me posted with your results so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will try that. But why did it stop me after so long ?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Jean,

Please let me explain what could have caused this problem. I have not seen your tablet but I believe you are using a web browser to access your bank account. And if you have used the same web browser to access the account, as well as accessing other websites, over the years, this browser could have accumulated a huge amount of trash or unwanted stuffs like browser session cookies, temporary internet files, etc. When this happens, a browser can became erratic especially with secure websites like banks.

SO if you install a new browser like Chrome, it will be fresh (no unwanted files stored yet), so you can check if the account works there. Then that is the time that we can do a cleanup of that old browser.

I hope that helped. Please let me know your results so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess