Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Viet I am using windows 8.1 and chrome my computer fails to

Customer Question

Hi Viet I am using windows 8.1 and chrome my computer fails to retain username and passwords on my websites; third party and outlook 2010 I have to insert these details all the time can you help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

It appears Viet is not online at the moment, would you like to wait for him or work with me on this?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you can help please do
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did send my card details and clicked on the transaction button before I lost connection
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

1. Open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click Menu .
  3. Choose Settings.
  4. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
  5. Under "Passwords and forms," click Manage passwords. A box will appear with a list of saved passwords.
  6. In the "Never saved" section, select the website and click Delete .
  7. Click Done.

Tell me if it now works please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there is nothing in the saved passwords although every time I click for chrome to save the passwords but this would not help Outlook would it
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

If you go to outlook.com now, does it ask if you wish to save the password?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

And you say yes, then when you come back to outlook.com it asks again correct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just a moment I am working with 14 emails I have to enter pw in each one then return to see if pwds have been saved
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No Outlook did not retain passwords I entered
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

How do you mean 14 emails and enter in the password ***** each one? You only sign into outlook.com once here

www.outlook.com

Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thanks I can open Outlook but use 14 email addresses each one has a password ***** downloading emails I have to enter the password ***** each one every time I want to download emails.
With respect I withdraw from this conversation and ask that my £31 is refunded as you have not been able to answer my question without the up sell. Please confirm my refund
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Ok, sounds like your not referring to outlook.com but outlook the actual program, which does not involve Chrome at all..... as it does not download emails there. Without the correct information it makes it hard to solve, but for a refund, please contact customer service and they can provide this to you.

Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

You can contact them on

***@******.***

Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.