John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I have a message alleging that my computer has been infected

I have a message alleging that my computer has been infected with spyware and urging me to contact "Microsoft" (?) on a premium rate telephone number. I suspect this is an attempted scam since your security scans have not identified the problem. is there a way to remove this message from the Microsoft Edge browser ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Yes you are correct this is a Scam message.This message is only showing on Microsoft edge only am i correct

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

To start remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a28db387-0471-41a4-9aa5-bf52f448170e that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.