Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have an Epson ET-4500 printer I allowed it to be

Customer Question

I have an Epson ET-4500 printer
I allowed it to be initialised before inserting ink and I want to repeat the process in the right order but cannot get the setup annual back on the printer
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Do you want to install the printer to the computer or you want to replace the ink cartridges?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to install the printer again as at the moment if I try to copy anything I just get blank page prints
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Do you have the printers disk or you need the full featured driver software which can be downloaded and installed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have the disc
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

let me know the operating system you have on the computer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OSX El Capitan I believe
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

okay and how is the printer connected to the computer usb or wireless?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have disconnected my USB cable but I use that
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

1. Click the "Finder" icon on your screen's dock, and click the "Macintosh HD" icon located under the Devices section in the Finder's sidebar.

2. Double-click the "Library" icon to open the folder, and double-click the "Printers" folder.

3. Locate the printer's folder you wish to delete in the window, and drag the folder to the Trash icon on the screen's dock. Alternatively, click the folder you wish to delete, click "File" at the top of the screen and select "Move to Trash" from the drop-down menu.

4. Click "Finder" at the top of the screen, and select "Empty Trash" from the drop-down menu to remove the files from your hard drive. Click "Empty Trash" on the dialog box to confirm the action. Click "Secure Empty Trash" from the drop-down list to permanently delete the files.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Let me try this and come back to you
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

sure take your time.

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

you can download the latest driver software from the link given below

Click here for driver download

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've down loaded software. What now?
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

press the Apple menu and Choose System Preferences
Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) from the View menu.
Hold down the Option key on your keyboard while clicking the "-" (minus sign that you see on the print & fax window, along with a + sign) button. Then, choose Reset Printing System.

in case there is no printers in the list then , hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (plus sign that you see on the print & fax window, and not on the keyboard) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.
After that click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & fax window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've followed the sytem links and the printer moves paper but does not print
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My problem is that I charged the printer before adding ink
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

must be connected on the usb cable or its wireless?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is connected by usb cable
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

what is the problem you are facing installing the printer?

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

For most USB printers, all you have to do is update your software and then connect the printer to your Mac. If necessary, OS X automatically detects the printer and downloads any necessary software. For other printers, you may have to complete a few steps to add the printer.

1. Update your software: Choose Apple menu > App Store, click Updates, then install any software updates listed. Even if no updates appear, this ensures that OS X has the latest information about printer software it can download from Apple. If you don’t do this, you may see a message that software isn’t available when you connect your printer.

2. Prepare your printer: Use the instructions that came with your printer to unpack the printer, install ink or toner, and add paper. Turn on the printer and make sure it’s not displaying any errors.

3. Connect your printer: Connect the USB cable to your Mac. If you see a message prompting you to download new software, make sure to download and install it.

Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Click on the remote link and run Secure Remote Assistance
After you click on the link given above it will open a page click on the green "I Agree" button.
Download and run the Elsinore screen connect.
Allow it to install and let it be opened.

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

I have been waiting for you to connect to the secure remote access screen as requested but i haven't got any response from you.
Let me know when you could be online so that i can continue to assist you on this issue further.