Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have recharged my kindle which i have not used 3 years. It

Customer Question

I have recharged my kindle which i have not used for about 3 years. It appears to be functioning and says it has wifi but when I try to sync with my other kindle apps it says there is no connection. I have also tried to deliver downloaded books from the app on my mac laptop via a usb cable, again I am told by my mac that they are delivered but they do not appear on my kindle. do i have to assume that the kindle is defunct?
Jenny
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on / off button / switch on your kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

- If needed, go to menu / settings on the kindle, then check the Wi-Fi option, if it's there, and see if it's connected to your wireless network name or not.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

If it does not work, please let me know the model of your kindle, and if it has touchscreen or not.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,