Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

We have a canon pixma MP260 printer. it is flashing up a

Customer Question

we have a canon pixma MP260 printer. it is flashing up a message saying ink absorber is full and will not print. Any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Let me know how old is the printer

Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not sure how old it is
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

in the page that opens click on i agree

download and run the elsinore screen connect exe file

allow it to install

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

i have sent a remote link above..please click on it and follow the steps to connect

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

let me know if you face any difficulty in connecting

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.
Customer hiCustomer michelle this sideCustomer i am now connectedCustomer this is our chat boxCustomer you can chat with em on this boxCustomer please leave the mouse and i will check the printer settings
Guest: okCustomer if any steps need to be performed on the printer i will let you knowCustomer the error indicates a full absorber padCustomer absorber pad is basically a sponge pad that collets excessive ink while printing and mainatianenceCustomer once it gets full there is a risk of ink spillage within the printer which may cause further damageCustomer however there are intermediate steps that we may try
Guest: i realise this but have not been able to find anywhere which tells me how to remedy thisCustomer i am here to guide you step by steps
Guest: lovely thanksCustomer remove the ink cartridges from the printerCustomer then unplug power cord of printerCustomer let me know once done
Guest: it wont let me remove cartridgesCustomer no problemsCustomer turn off printerCustomer then unplug power cordCustomer keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs
Guest: doneCustomer ok now do you see a stop\reset button on the printerCustomer let me know if you see it
Guest: sorry cant see oneCustomer it would be a inverted triangle in a circle
Guest: yes . is the power cord still supposed to be unpluggedCustomer yes i will tell you the sequence nowCustomer connect the power cord
Guest: okCustomer Press and hold STOP/RESET
Turn power ON
Press and hold Power
Press STOP/RESET twice
Release all buttons – you are now in Service Mode
The on light will be green. Each time you press the STOP/RESET button it will alternate between green and orange. Press the Stop/Reset button 4 timesCustomer let me know once done
Guest: doneCustomer ok lets test now
Guest: its still flashing the power button is flashing and an orange triangle is flashing and the little window says PCustomer i will do the testingCustomer turn off printer by holding down power button for 10 secsCustomer then turn it back on after 30 secsCustomer let me know once its on
Guest: on againCustomer okCustomer seems that the counter rest did not workCustomer turn off printerCustomer unplug power cordCustomer slide the carraige to the left and then rightCustomer does it move or seems to be stuck
Guest: it movesCustomer ok now have a look beneth the carraigeCustomer do you see a sponge like pad
Guest: is it long and narrowCustomer you dont ened to take them outCustomer let me know is this printer less than a year ol or more
Guest: moreCustomer ok give me a minute or 2 hereCustomer i am checking for a video link that could be helpful for you
Guest: ok thanksCustomer thanks for waitingi have found a video link that shows how to change the ink padCustomer i will open the video for youCustomer before i do that i would like to tell few things firstCustomer the ink pad is basically a sponge pad and in this error the sponge pad needs to be replced to avoid further damage to the printerCustomer since your printer is out of warranty you have 2 options either you may get it replaced throughs ervice center or you may watch the video and if you feel comfortable doing it yourself you may remove the sponge pad, clean it with warm water so as to remove all the excess inkCustomer then let the pad dry for a day and then reinsert itCustomer the video i will open, the same technique is used at the service center as wellCustomer however try it only if you are sure you will be able to do itCustomer i will open the video now
Guest: thank youCustomer its a different model shown but same series so steps will almost be the sameCustomer let me know if you have any questionsCustomer if unsure baout doing this you will have to get the pad replaced through a service centerCustomer i hope you understand that in case of a hardware fault requiring part replacement i can suggets reset and cleaning steps but cannot make a bad part work again
Guest: ok thats fineCustomer let me know if you have any questions before i end this session
Guest: no all good. thank you very muchCustomer you are welcomeCustomer i will now end the session
Guest: okCustomer thanks for using my serviceCustomer Bye!!