Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

My Kindle has just stopped working - wont switch on,

My Kindle has just stopped working - wont switch on, completely dead, when plugged in to charge the light goes off after a few seconds. The "booting up" idea - ie switch off, count to 30, leave it for a few hours/minutes, no effect. HELP, I cant live without it!
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fine. Just give me an answer that works!
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. If that fails,

We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Wait 15 minutes then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.
Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value,

You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.

Thank you very much!