Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

A couple of weeks ago, I lost bbC channels from my Youview

Customer Question

A couple of weeks ago, I lost bbC channels from my Youview menu. (I suspect something to do with E and W Midlands?
But when I tried re-tune channels (several times) I found I lost a lot more channels. Only 41 at the moment.
Never including BBC .
Help please.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the unit (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and try to rescan and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only getting 38 channels now; should be 60+
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything switched off.
how long for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done all you asked, now still only getting 40 channels including no BBC
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Check that the channel(s) have not been hidden. To do this press the Guide button on your remote control to bring up the programme guide. Press the yellow button to activate Edit Channels. You will now be able to see all hidden channels by scrolling through the list to see if the missing channel has been hidden. Alternatively, you can press the red button to restore all channels that have been hidden.

Tell me if they were please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have checked. No hidden channels
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you check in my link below and tell me if there are any planned outages for you please?

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/help_and_advice/engineering_works

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume I am Central (I live in Leicester) and it says 'no'.
(We are in between 2 BBC transmitters, one to the east and one to the west. But by TV is receiving all channels ok.)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

how long has it been happening for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A week to 10 days.
A friend said there was a problem with BBC transmitters about the time I lost access to BBC on my youview guide.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe my youview box setting faces a different BBC transmitter than does my TV.
The people who setup my 2014 purchase TV say that one of the two transmitters gets a better signal than the other. I think it is west of Leicester rather than north.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think there is something wrong with the youview box?
I had it installed Feb 2014 by a (human) BT engineer.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I see my last message did not come through, I believe it may be the signal tower, I want you to call 0333(###) ###-####/p>

Have them check the signal in your area and if there are any outages

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have just rung. No outages in this area at the moment. He didn't know of any earlier.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the youview box that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.