Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have purchased an Acer Monitor, but I cannot change the

Customer Question

I have purchased an Acer Monitor, but I cannot change the contrast or brightness, can you tell me how to do this please, as my unit seems stuck on the highest settings.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. Have you tried changing this from within the PC Settings? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What was the result of changing it from the PC settings? And what is the model # ***** the monitor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could not find how to change the settings on the monitor

The settings are usually done from within the PC from the Display Settings. Have you already tried that? If yes, what was the result? And what is the model # ***** your Acer Monitor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a K222HQL LCD Monitor

Can you also tell me what were the results when you changed the contrast from within the PC?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not changed the contrast as I don't know how, & I couldn't find any information to help me.

When you press the e key on your monitor what does it shows?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just the background photo

May i connect with you remotely to check this from within your PC?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I look at the screen it has a white haze over it , it is to bright.

I sent the request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.

You can try changing it yourself:
Select Start, enter Display, select Display settings from the list of results, and then use the slider or turn the automatic adjustment on or off under adjust brightness level.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but another £28 is to expensive anyway this suppose to be a free trial but you want to charge me £ 30 for a free trial is that not against tradeing & standards.

The remote service is an additional service. I cannot assist with billing related queries because i do not have access to it. If you want to discuss about billing, you will have to speak to***@******.***.

You can try changing it yourself:
Select Start, enter Display, select Display settingsfrom the list of results, and then use the slider or turn the automatic adjustment on or off under adjust brightness level.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will try that. have a good day.

Welcome. Let me know how it goes.