Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have an Acerdesk top computer which I had to send back

Customer Question

I have an Acerdesk top computer which I had to send back because of a fault A new hard drive was put in and the old one returned to me I was told to re-install the soft ware from the original disk but unfortunately I cannot find this so I now have a computer which I cannot use. I was also told to ourchase ahard drive to USb caddy but I have no idea what this is.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me which version of windows you had? and the model of the computer please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aspire X3950,Windows 7,I cannot let you connect to it because I have not got it connected at the moment
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That is no problem

Can you power it off.

Then hold the ALT key on the keyboard and with it held, power on the computer and keep tapping F10 until you get to the recovery manager

tell me if you can get to this which means they put a recovery partition on the computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use this computer at the charity shop where I work and I will not be there until tomorrow Have I got to contact you on the actual computer because There is no software in it ,no windows, no internet, so how can I connect with you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it not possible just to send me a new disk?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I cannot here as we are technical support, but if my instructions did not work, then call 0371(###) ###-####when your at the computer as you need the serial number from it and one can then be sent.

Also, the caddy your referring to you can purchase from my link below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-SATA-Drive-Adapter-Cable/dp/B00HJZJI84

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

and please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit