Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I cant seem to connect my 3g data reader dongle to my erisin

hi, i cant seem to connect my 3g data reader dongle to my erisin headunit in the car, can you help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem patching the 3g dongle.

Let me know the make and model of the 3G dongle and where do you want to connect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a TOOGOO HSDPA 3.75G and wanting it connecting to my erisin ES7060EN head unit in my car which is 3g compatible
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think its the head unit, i need to set up the APN but i cant seem to make it work with what ive been told to enter, im on EE network with the sim inserted in the dongle
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi Des i would like to tell you that you would need a computer to get the TOOGOO HSDPA 3.75G usb dongle to get connected and make it work as it requires a driver installation which can be only be done on a computer.to use internet device in a car you would need a hotspot device.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Why don't you try it with your phone, your phone has 3g connection try to make it hotspot and all the devices which is wifi can detect and connect you do not need the usb dongle for internet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but i thought if im using a 10gig sim from my mobie phone provider EE that i wouldnt need hotspots, like as if i was just using my mobile away from wifi , do you know what i mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i also set up the dongle on the computer and i had it working ok so thats not a bother, its just making it work on the car unit as it was purchased for that reason,
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the correct device
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

so this will not work on a card if you think you can connect it directly on a usb using cigarette lighter this device will require a computer to get the hardware insatlled and then you can use it as a hotspot or a wifi modem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This dongle is for what I'm using
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i will open the question for other experts for the input and views.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

when you set it up with the APN, which values did you use?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi richard values? example?
what do you mean by that, please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

on this point

"i need to set up the APN but i cant seem to make it work with what ive been told to enter, im on EE network "

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
APN . Everywhere
Access number. *99#
User name . eesecure
Password.secure
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, can you call on 7953 966250 and get the correct APN please as they use different ones for different devices but this dongle is not listed

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still gave me the same details as last time so still no filer there than before , I tried to use wifi tethering from iPhone to Internet but no joy there too
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I want you please to reset the head unit to factory settings.

Go to settings, backup and reset, Factory data reset

run this, setup the head unit again and tell me if you can then get the dongle to work please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no joy , Not gonna happen is it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, these head units and not overly reliable but the settings are correct and we have ruled out any firmware issues so it may be a hardware issue with the headunit.

My advise is to have it replaced under warranty and attempt it on the new one, as everything that can be done with this one has been done. It's all setup correct, that we have ensured.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have realized that the head unit is not recognizing any USB , the cable is secure at the back as i have just checked, frustrating is the politest word i can think of at this present moment in time
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I can understand, it needs to be replaced, this we have confirmed now, its the only remaining cause.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry