Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

My kindle screen is showing black quarters of its page. Is

Customer Question

My kindle screen is showing black for 3 quarters of its page. Is it frozen?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, other times it is due to failed hardware, if it is a glitch then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid that it hasn't worked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What next can I do?

okay, unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. Try a forced reboot while connected to a usb charger next please>

We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Wait 15 minutes then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.
Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value,

You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible for my kindle to be mended?

yes, what is the model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number isD00901 FCC ID: X7N-0610 IC: 8959A-0610

okay,Thank you. The cost to repair is too much for that model, and the best option is to purchase a used kindle which is a good value, once you get the kindle you just simply register with your Amazon account and all of your kindle books will be on the purchased kindle.

You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle shipped with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

this is the best option>https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B004KZQGYK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&condition=used&linkCode=ll2&tag=winfieldwebsc-21&linkId=22e65e25a33985eda0e7bf2be26a9f29

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you . How do I purchase a used kindle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keyed in the blue link but with no result. Now what should I do?

are able to click on the blue link?