Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Help my wireless keyboard has stopped working I can't even

Help my wireless keyboard has stopped working I can't even log in
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your computer? Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or or 10?

What's the model of your wireless keyboard?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My computer and keyboard are Samsung I have had them since new three years ago.Im sorry I cannot remember which windows it is.

Is it a laptop or desktop?

Do you see any model at the back of the keyboard?

Is the mouse currently working?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This does not seem to be sending but I will try for the third time
It is a desktop computer and the mouse is working fine.
The key board model is AA- SK5PWUB

Solution #1:

- Press and hold the Power button on the keyboard for 3 seconds, then release, and check.

; If needed, press the button, if any, on the USB receiver device and check.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, at the computer's login screen, click on the Ease of Access icon at the bottom, then select the on-screen keyboard option and OK

, then click in the password ***** then use the mouse to click on the characters / keys on the on-screen keyboard in order to type in the password ***** see if you can log in the computer (password ***** *****)

- If all fails, can you connect a wired USB keyboard to the desktop and see if you can log in with the wired keyboard, and check?

Please reply at the box below to continue. (Make sure to click on the Send button below when you are done typing.) Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is no power button I can see and None on the USB.
I do not know what ease of access button you suggest as there does not appear to be one.

Sorry, at the password ***** login screen, look at the bottom left and/or bottom right of the computer's screen, do you see any icon?

- Also, can you please check at the back of your desktop computer for the model of it?

- Do you see any button at the back / bottom of the keyboard? If yes, can you press it and check?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry I have now found the ease of access on the bottom right. And have now logged in what now? Thanks for your patience

You're welcome. Can you please check the label(s) on your desktop computer for any model?

Do you see any button at the back / bottom of the keyboard?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Model of computer is DP500A2D-A01UK
Windows8 but I cannot find any button on the keyboard the only thing on the back is the battery holder there seems to be two very small lights on the front but not lit up one for power and the other for lock?

When the keyboard was working fine previously, did you notice if any light was lit up on the keyboard?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Really don't know as they are so small did not really notice

Sorry. Please try the following:

1. Disconnect the small USB receiver device from the back of the desktop computer for about 5 seconds.

2. Make sure the keyboard is near the USB receiver device.

3. Re-connect the USB receiver device to the back of the desktop computer.

4. Within 20 seconds of reconnecting the USB receiver device, press and hold the CONNECT button for 1 second.

; Note: the CONNECT button is located on the left side of the battery cover.

5. Then see if the keyboard works now.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have now lost the icon for my mouse so cannot use anything to see if the keyboard is working?

- Press the Windows logo key on the keyboard to check.

Please try the followings:

1. Turn the power on / off switch at the back of the mouse to the OFF position.

2. Disconnect the small USB receiver device from the back of the desktop computer for about 5 seconds.

3. Make sure the keyboard and mouse are near the USB receiver device.

4. Re-connect the USB receiver device to the back of the desktop computer.

5. Turn the on / off switch at the back of the mouse to the ON position.

6. Within 15 seconds of reconnecting the USB receiver device, press and hold the CONNECT button at the back of the mouse for 1 second, then release.

7. Within 15 seconds of reconnecting the USB receiver device, press and hold the CONNECT button on the keyboard for 1 second, then release.

; (Note: the CONNECT button is located on the left side of the battery cover.)

8. Then see if the mouse and keyboard are working now.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The mouse is now working but not the keypad the lights came on for a second then went off

I'm sorry; we've tried re-connecting the wireless keyboard to the computer using the CONNECT option on the keyboard, but it still did not work. This confirms the wireless keyboard hardware is bad.

Can you please get another wireless keyboard? ( (any new wireless keyboard will work; you can also get a wired USB keyboard if you'd like.)

Please let me know. Thank you.

Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.

Thank you. You can get any new wireless keyboard (not bluetooth keyboard) from your local computer / electronics store, and it will work. Or you can get any USB wired keyboard from your local computer / electronics store.

- You can also buy a wireless keyboard online at the Amazon website below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-Wireless-Keyboard-keyboard-Whisper-Quiet/dp/B00M75WPKO/

- Or you can buy a wired USB keyboard:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Wired-Keyboard-600-Layout/dp/B001QT6V7A/

If there is still any issue later on or if you need anything else, please let me know any time. Thank you for your patience.