Thank you for that information.
Now, my previous statement stands, since this happened to me as well. The problem is that the computer writes to the memory card when you allowed access to the card, either through a USB cable or when you manually insert the card in the memory card reader of the computer.
Now to very or test this, please do the following:
- Take a few photos. It is a good thing if these photos are stored in a new folder automatically by the camera. If not, and if the camera organizes folders by date, you can try these steps tomorrow so that your new pictures are stored in a new folder that is NOT yet corrupted by the computer
- After taking new pictures, DO NOT plug in the camera to the PC yet.
- Instead, remove the memory card, and then LOCK it. This works only if your memory card has a slider to LOCK and UNLOCK the contents of the card. If your card has this LOCK slider, please slide it to LOCK position
- This means that the camera cannot write to the card and so is the computer. If you need to use the camera again, you need to remove the card and slide it away to the LOCK position.
- With the card inside the camera LOCKED, please view the preview of the newly taken pictures
- You should be able to preview the pictures now. And if you need to connect the camera to the PC, please do so with the card still in LOCKED position
- After connecting the camera to the PC, you should still be able to preview the pictures in the camera.
However, if after doing the steps above, you are still unable to preview pictures, I suggest that you try using another memory card as this one could have been corrupted already. Or another option is, copy the pictures to the PC, format the memory card, then use it in the camera then see if the problem is gone.
I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.