John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I am raising an issue on Outlook on behalf of my wife where

I am raising an issue on Outlook on behalf of my wife where her emails are no longer being downloaded to her Outlook. Her email provider is gmail.
On logging into https://support.google.com/mail/accounts/answer/78754 the suggestions do not work.
It appears that Outlook cannot read her gmail sign in/password. In an attempt to get over this, I changed her password ***** didn't help.
I also found that I could set up my gmail account on her outlook but I couldn't set up her gmail account on my Outlook.
Can you advise me on the action I should take to resolve this problem.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you

Just to clarify your wife cannot access her gmail using Microsoft outlook program am i correct?

Do you know which version of Outlook is installed ?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?

Sincerely,
John

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir before i do remote support could you please let me know the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?

John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cannot access her emails using outlook
Outlook in Microsoft 2013
I assume I am using Windows 10 having upgraded from windows 8
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6ebe014f-2112-4cd0-a66a-7cb127240975 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I haven't got the access to your PC yet.Did you run the downloaded remote support file (Elisnore Screen Connect Client) and give permission to run it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have two icons on the bottom of the screen. Do I run these?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Does it say Elisnore Screen Connect Client if so run only one then when it asks for permission to run click on Yes/Continue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just says "ScreenConnect(###) ###-#####34; and "waiting for a free slot"
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

That is strange.

I will give you another link one moment please

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=20a213e7-d943-4730-b269-e47b243bcbcb that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
restarted
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Is everything working fine now on Outlook ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it opened properly and your latest chat email arrived.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Glad to know everything is working fine now.

Sincerely,
John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your service.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.