ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

Have used google chrome years and now cant open it - can you

Customer Question

Have used google chrome for many years and now cant open it - can you help please
Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Hi Emma, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

What happens exactly when you try to open Google Chrome? And when was the last time you were able to open it successfully?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I use it weekly to complete wages so last thursday and when I click the icon it rotates for two or three rounds and then goes off
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Okay, gotcha. Well there may be a few things we need to do here to troubleshoot.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how tech savvy would you say that you are?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Hi Emma, I see that you've requested remote assistance. Give me just a few minutes to get set up and we'll get connected. Stand by for me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whats happening?
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Emma, give me just one more minute and I'll have a link for you so we can set up the remote session.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Okay, here we go:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d17c44a0-53b1-44fd-b9d1-4aae26ba77fa

You'll want to click the above link and it will take you to a new page. On the new page, click the green I Agree button. Your browser should then download a small program. You'll need to run that program and say OK to the security prompts and then we should be connected and I should be able to share control with you.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.

Go ahead and try that and if you run into a roadblock of some kind just let me know.