John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I had a problem with my router which you technician

I had a problem with my router which you technician corrected by remote.
When I was back on the internet I was on Outlook instead of Hotmail.
I find that I cannot do the things I did with Hotmail using Outlook
Can you please put me back on Hotmail.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you.Outlook and Hotmail are same.Just to clarify you open your Hotmail using web browser (Internet explorer,Chrome,Firefox) am i correct?

What are the things you did on previous version of Hotmail that you cannot do in new outlook

Sincerely,
John

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot do the simple task of emailing an attachment because a box appears informing me about Drop Box, Personal Files,etc and I cannot lift the attachment onto the email because this box blocks it.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the details.

When it shows Dropbox,you will also get a option to choose the files in your computer like Documents,Downloads etc,Can you see it ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but when I go to Documents it does nothing. So I have Ito go to my computer and click on Documents there to display my documents
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You mean when you click on documents it doesn't show any files?

What type of file are you trying to attach,is it a word file,excel,jpeg etc?

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Make sure you are not clicking on the Documents under Dropbox because that might not have any files,click on Documents in Computer (assuming that the file you needed for attaching is from your computer)that will show file browser window from which you can attach the required files.

Please try it and let me know.

John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I click on Documents it does not show any files which is why I go to my computer.
I am using Word
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

That is strange.In that case may I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6bc9af88-4284-4255-bb47-335e97da09e6 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

The problem had been solved. Please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,
John