Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I am trying to connect my kindle to my Wi Fi Network but it

I am trying to connect my kindle to my Wi Fi Network but it is saying my password ***** ***** one or more characters ? I have not used a different password ***** buying my kindle several years ago !
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a PC which is currently connected by wireless and the internet is via Virgin media Hub 2 made by labgear.

Solution #1:

- Please check at the back / bottom of your Virgin media hub 2 modem device for the Passphrase, or password ***** WiFi password, or something similar. It is case-sensitive.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please do the following on your PC in order to retrieve your wi-fi / wireless password ***** key:

1. Open Control Panel. (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK. Then the Control Panel window should open.)
  2. Then open Network and Internet / Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Then there, click on your wireless network name (it's located on right of the item Connections.)
  4. Click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Then click on the Security tab.
  6. Then select the box at the option Show characters.
  7. Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password. (It is case-sensitive.)

If that still does not work, please let me know if your PC has Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The password ***** the hub is - changeme. I am on Windows 7.

Solution #1:

- Besides the password ***** there may be another passphrase or password ***** at the back / bottom of your Virgin media hub 2 modem device; please check. It is case-sensitive.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please do the following on your Windows 7 PC in order to retrieve your wi-fi / wireless password ***** key:

4. Click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Then click on the Security tab.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The passphrase is ctzutvxj

Great. On your Kindle, please go to the Wi-Fi / wireless option, then select / connect to your network name, then when prompted, enter that passphrase, and check.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Viet - that's cracked it !

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,