Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Ive lost mi phone is it possible to track it?

Customer Question

hi ive lost mi phone is it possible to track it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you have lost your phone.

yes you can track and get the phone back.

Let me know make and model and the IMEI number.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Samsung Galaxy S6
phone number : ***********
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

register on the link i gave and this will help you track your number write down the IMEI number that will be required for the tracking.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
but I don't have my IMEI number :(
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

when you buy a phone you get a bill/invoice the IMEI number is ***** in the bill locate your purchase bill.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ive moved to another place so I forgoted there its a long time ago :(
please help me to find my phone its very important for me
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

I am trying to do that however an IMEI number is ***** to locate the physical phone with you phone number its of no use. anyone using your phone must not be using the same number correct he/she must have thrown the sim out and must be using a new number on your phone set. All you have to do is try to get a copy of the bill from the shop you purchased and they will not deny providing you a duplicate invoice for the phone purchase once you have the IMEI number you can yourself track your phone from the link i gave. I hope i am able to make you understand the logic behind how we can track your actual phone.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That's the only way to find it?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

That is the only way to find it the other way is if you would have already installed and registered with antitheft with google then also you can find it.using another phone.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how can I do that?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

That too must have been installed from the google app store on the lost phone google android manager app.

Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

you can report the lost with your local police and they will also ask you for the invoice and the imei number.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how else I can find this IMEI?i bought the phone from carphones
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

you can go to the shop you got the phone from and ask for a duplicate bill and they will not deny it might take some time but they can give you the bill tell them that you need the bill for a police report registration.

Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hi ive found the IMEI number: 355922079189440
My name is*****
phone number: ***********
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

Scroll up the chat and click on the samsung recovery link open it and register it and then you will be asked to enter the imei number the you can ring the user or lock and erase the phone.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
now I cant remember my email address(password) :( can u do that for me?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

i am sorry we are not suppose to ask for email and there password ***** to privacy policy.

Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

Use the forgot password ***** to reset your email password.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it says will take 3 to 5 days they will send me to reset the password
I did a new email and I'm trying to use find my mobile and I cant why?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

try to create a new emaill and then register with the samsung link i gave.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did that !! I sign in and when I try to enter the website it closes :(
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
why/?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

Please wait let me try.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

Open the link in your computer and it will show you where your phone is.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is not showing me where is my device
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
its only for mobile phones I cant install it on laptop
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

try to use a computer and then use the site.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm trying!!! :( please try u to find my phone PLEASE
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.

If your phone was registered with the google app then you can find it otherwise you will have to lodge a police report for the lost phone police can track the IMEI from the phone service provider and they can get the result in 2 days and you will know who is using the phone the person will be caught too.