Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have lost half of my gmail email file content, seems only

Customer Question

I have lost half of my gmail email file content, seems only the past few months. I am receiving stuff today and have files going back to March - but everything else has disappeared. tried waiting 24 hours in case of Google issue - but still the same today
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please Ian exactly how you access your account? Via an email program? (and which one?) or via Safari?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have gmail as my default email on the mcBook pro i do not go through safari or google
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, let me connect please

Do the instructions I gave

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
659 740 618
21w5zb
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

connecting