Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

Just tries to restore laptop pressed alt&f10keys exit boot

Customer Question

Just tries to restore laptop pressed alt&f10keys exit boot options come up what should I do now
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me the exact make and model of the laptop?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Margaret,

I believe you have posted a request for Secure Remote Assistance. But are you still able to access the problem computer now despite not being able to restore it?

Also, there are 2 types of restore. First, is a system restore that will only restore system settings back to a particular date.

The second restore is factory restore, wiping everything on the PC and restoring the system back to factory settings.

If you are still able to use the computer now and what you are trying to accomplish is a system restore, (not factory restore), then we can do a remote session so that I can help you do it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I woul like to go ahead laptop is acre aspire5253 my laptop says edit boot options and sounds like it is trying to reboot what should I do now
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

What are you trying to do? Perform a system restore? Or factory restore?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Factory restore laptop on but cannot get internet keep on getting message drivers missing
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information.

Please turn off the computer or shut it down. After doing so, please turn it ON again and then tell me if it loaded Windows successfully even though there is no internet connection.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Computer unable to start now checking for problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got message do you want to restore using system restore
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I believe Windows is fixing any system problem at the moment so please monitor your computer's hard disk drive led, if it is blinking fast, steady or not blinking at all.

If the system is very busy fixing the problem on the background, please give it some time and just check regularly of the HDD led is blinking until Windows loads.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Regarding that, what are your options there? That is a repair screen so please tell me what are your options

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Restore or cancel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attempting repairs lights not blinking
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

If this is the very first time that you see this option (the screen asking to restore using system restore), I suggest that you select CANCEL. The system restore option that is mentioned there is NOT the factory restore that you want.

Please select CANCEL then tell me what are your next options.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Can you hear or feel if the hard disk drive is working or spinning?

Also, please check if the system is already frozen or not. This is done by pressing the CAPS LOCK key or NUMLOCK key and see if their respective leds are lit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is absolutely nothing happening no soun no blinking lights should I log of
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

What is shown on screen now? Is it saying it is repairing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is just saying internet explorer working offline fog showing red warning light should I do anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All blue lights not blinking holding steady at the moment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ZCaps lock light does not show
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Press CAPS key repeatedly and see if the light shows ON and OFF

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Steady lights are good indicator which means the system is very busy....

Also, are you now viewing your Windows screen? Were you able to login to your Windows account already?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Loved on Windows flag showing on screen pressed cap lock no lights do you think laptop is repairing should I do or try anything
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought something should be happening or is this normal and how long do you think this procedure would be
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I highly recommend letting the computer work or fix itself for few hours. Your only indicator that the computer is still working or fixing itself is by pressing the CAPS or NUMLK key, they are toggles, pressing once should turn ON or OFF the corresponding led.

Also, monitor or observe the HDD led if it is steady, blinking or not lit. If the system is NOT busy or frozen, the HDD is not let. If it is lit and steady or blinking, the computer is working on the background.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think screen has frozen going to leave laptop charging will check how it is going in a couple of hours all lights holding steady at the moment thanks in advance will let you know if anything else happens
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. Please take your time and keep me posted.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again just looked at my laptop the message on screen at moment says install a driver for your network adapted I thought everything was being restored to factory setting what happens now problem not solved
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am really disappointed I did say earlier nothing was happening I feel like I have wasted nearly a day sitting around hoping problem would be resolved would you please advise me what I should now do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know you are busy but a simple response would suffice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are my options at this moment in time do I request refund or will you try to resolve my problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why am I not getting a reply to my questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had good help however I am not getting response what should I do now
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the late reply. Can you please describe to me your screen? It is saying about installing your network adapter, but are you able to use the computer other functions despite this driver installation prompt?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

If you are still able to use the computer, say when that driver installation message can just be minimized, then you can use another computer connected to the internet to download the necessary drivers and then copy to the problem computer through a USB, then install it there in the problem computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have another computer to use at the moment so I cannot do what you suggesr
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought you were going to sort this problem remotely
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just had a look at my laptop doesn't appear to be loading Windows as it should shall have a look at it again tomorrow morning getting late will advise you first thing tomorrow
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes I can remotely connect and fix the problems but first the laptop must be connected to the internet. If you are chatting with me now on the problem laptop, please let me know so that I can send you the procedures to join me in a remote session.

We can do the remote session tomorrow then.

Please keep me posted.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again just tried to start laptop it would not start power on but still no connection to internet and would not load Windows files what can I do now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to keep troubling you however just tried laptop again press Alyssa and f10again my laptop made a lot of beeping noises then it said starting Windows however no files were loaded is there anything else I can try or should I just give up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if you are getting my messages as they are not getting answered however I now believe you cannot rectify this problem if this is the case I am going to claim a full refund as per the 30day money back promise I would prefer that you attempt to sort the problem on my laptop I am not using it at the moment as I cannot get on to the Internet please send a replyASAP
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Please tell me if you are able to get on the laptop WITHOUT the internet.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

That is, if you are able to turn on the laptop, and login to your user account. Please confirm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi just to let you know I have my laptop on I have accessed the control panel however connecting to the Internet is not possible do you have any suggestions as to how I can go forward with this problem Wimbledon just finished Andy Murray has just one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hitting caps lock button no lights on
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. So the laptop is now working and the only problem left is your network adapters and that is the reason why you are NOT able to access the internet.

Please do the following:

1. Right click on the start button - the Microsoft logo on the lower left hand corner of the screen
  2. Then on the context menu that appears, click on Device Manager
  3. When you are on Device Manager window, click the small > button to expand "Network Adapters"
  4. Do you see any items listed there with a yellow exclamation mark icon? If yes, click on that item, then click on the UNINSTALL button at the top of the Device Manager window. The uninstall button is the computer icon with a red x.
  5. Allow the device driver to be uninstalled
  6. Do these steps on all items listed under Network adapters with the yellow or red exclamation marks
  7. After uninstalling, please restart your computer
  8. Then allow Windows to reinstall the drivers then test if you are able to connect to the internet this time

Keep me posted with your results so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just done what you suggested however still cannot get network drivers sorry about all this but I don't think this problem can be rectified
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really don't think this problem can be rectified every time I try to do anything the message I get is there are no programmes installed on this device does this mean my laptop has been wiped clean and does this mean I have to buy windows7home premium disc and completely reinstall everything from that
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back. Can you please go to Device Manager again, then tell me what exactly are the names listed there that refer to your LAN and wireless adapters?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I also upgraded my Windows 7 Pro computer last night and I experienced the same problem -- no network available. But the solution for my case is to UNINSTALL the items listed under Network adapters in Device Manager. When I restarted my computer, Windows 10 installed the compatible version of the network adapters of my laptop. So now I have both LAN (wired) adapter and wireless adapter working.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi standard via graphics adapter
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

No, I am referring to network adapters... What you just mentioned is a video card or graphic adapter.

Please see my screen shot:

http://filesxpress.com/d-60956718

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft biosdriver
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, that does not appear to be a network adapter as well. Can you please take a picture of the Device Manager with Network Adapter list is expanded? You can then upload the image to http://filesXpress.com or attach it here when you reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again I just want to thank you for all your help unfortunately I do not think I can get this problem with my laptop resolved therefore I think I will take it back to the shop where I bought it . I am going to ask for my money back once again thank you for everything you did
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I understand your concerns. Here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service.

Best regards,

Jess