John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Why won't microsoft outlook send emails when it is receiving

Why won't microsoft outlook send emails when it is receiving them?
Started yesterday morning and can't fix it?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Could you please provide the following details

Are you getting any error message when you try to send emails in outlook program?

Which email service is configured in outlook let me know the part after @ in your email id for example @ yahoo.com?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?

Sincerely,
John

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Sincerely,
John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
filled in phone no to securely connect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
filled in phone no to securely connect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.@btinternet.comWindows 10 and I think it is something to do with this.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Is that the error message you get when you try to send the email using outlook ?

Have you tried sending the email directly using web browser ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No only tried through outlook.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Could you please try to send a email using web mail try to send one that failed on outlook using web browser.

To do that please click on this link : - https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform?s_cid=con_Furl_mail&utm_source=ATL&utm_medium=FURL&utm_content=R&utm_campaign=btmail

Let me know

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to open your btinternet web-mail using the link i gave above and send a test mail that failed on outlook?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but I don't think it worked. Can you ring me please as struggling here.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir the problem is phone support alone wont be much help in this case.I can provide remote support with phone support that can be helpful.If you want that i can give you the remote support link let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you ring me on 01422 883128 as don't think you are receiving my responses or can we chat on line?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would prefer remote assistant.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

OK one moment i will give you the link for remote support.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=fbbc4432-c6c4-46b7-bb3f-d6a804c8027d that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it £19.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John - why does it keep saying imap connection closed?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

It can happen due to duplicate folders in the outlook or same accounts added more than once.

Are you still able to send and receive email using outlook?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

In that case you can leave it as it is and if you have any trouble in receiving or sending email let me know and i will help you.

Sincerely,

John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.