Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I have a HP Photosmart C4380 printer, purchased 2007. I had

I have a HP Photosmart C4380 printer, purchased 2007. I had a new BT Home Hub 4 installed last week. I cannot now print via my computer running on Vista, also purchased 2007, although it tells me documents are pending.
Does this mean that the new hub and printer are no longer compatible? Is it something to do with drivers?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. How is this printer connected to the computer? Is it using a USB cable? Or is it wireless?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is wireless
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Since it is a wireless printer, you need to first CONNECT the printer to the new BT device so that it will be connected to the wireless network. After doing that, please check your Windows Vista computer to see if it can connect to the wireless printer.

Also, can I remotely access your Windows Vista computer so that I can directly check and help you reconfigure it for the printer to work?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Brian,

Thank you for using our additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=76e2fb7f-d3a2-4efd-b0c2-46911e0d0ecf

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

How is it going? Were you able to download the remote tool using the procedures I gave you?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

After downloading the remote tool, you need to RUN it by double clicking on the downloaded file to join me in the remote session. You need to do all these steps in the Vista computer.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian,

I hope you are still there. I am still waiting for you to join me in the remote session. Please follow the procedures I gave you and you need to do them on the Windows Vista computer.

I will need to close the remote session if you are not able to join in a few minutes. Just reply to me here when you are ready so that I can send you a new remote session link.

Jess