Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

How can I tell if my hotmail account has been hacked

Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Marcia, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

There are several indicators that you can check to see if your Hotmail account was hacked. But before we go further, please tell me:

1. Are you using a Windows computer, a Mac or a smartphone to access your Hotmail?
  2. Are you still able to access your Hotmail account now?
  3. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in checking your computer and your Hotmail account to see if it was hacked?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using windows
I can still access my hotmail account
yes you can remotely access my computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Marcia,

Thank you for writing back and for your permission to use Secure Remote Assistance.

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a court order against my ex-husband who is an IT expert at Oxford University and I know my email address has been blind copied into him by my solicitor and I now find he has also got this information from a court letter where certain information which should have been redacted wasn't so my email address was exposed. He was also seen outside my house in his new girlfirnds car and I wondered if he could have got some system details by sitting outside using his laptop which he had with him. Since he hasn't to contact me directly or indirectly this would be a breach of the Court order and could effectively put him in jail since the court is already aware that he used a mobile phone app to find out where I was living and breached it once that way -I had to move after that event.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d14094d1-7319-47f0-bf94-b2a692edecec

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess