Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have bought a Samsung S7 Edge, and was assured I could

Customer Question

I have bought a Samsung S7 Edge, and was assured I could receive my e-mails through it. It has not been possible to do it, because my e-mail address ( ...fsnet.co.uk) is apparently not supported by Samsung. All I can do is go into the Orange website, which I have as a short cut on the phone, and check e-mails from there.
My account was Wanadoo, then became Orange. If EE has now taken over Orange, why cannot I access e-mails directly? I could do so using my Blackberry, but not with this expensive new mobile.
So although I have the means of accessing e-mails, I cannot e-mail photos taken on my Samsung.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

You can set up your fsnet.co.uk email account all right on the Samsung phone, as follows:

First off, tap on the Apps icon (middle icon) at the bottom of your home screen to bring up the list of installed apps.

Next, select the Email app from the list, and then tap "Add New Account".

Fill in your email address and password, and then tap "MANUAL SETUP".

Next, choose POP3 when prompted, and then enter the server settings as follows:

Incoming Server Settings:

Username: your full email address
Password: your password
Incoming server: pop.orangehome.co.uk
Incoming port: 110
Security type: none

Tap Next.

Outgoing Server Settings:

Outgoing server: smtp.orangehome.co.uk
Outgoing port: 587
Security type: none
Authorization required: yes
Username: your full email address
Password: your password

Tap Next.

Follow any other on-screen prompts if they show up; your email account should be set up all right in the Email app thereafter.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly do not forget to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.