John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I have a problem with a Sony Vaio Laptop Product name

I have a problem with a Sony Vaio Laptop Product name VPCZ21M9E S/N 27547026(###) ###-####
OS Windows 7 Pro OA
On booting up the first screen displays an error message as follows:
Port Device Serial # Size: Type/ Status (Vol ID)
0 Samsung MZRPA12B S0S2NE0B703360 59.6GB Error Occurred (0)
The line below the error message indicates no error on Port 1
The next screen sometimes indicates: “Operating System not found” and the system freezes
But on the second attempt boot up, Windows 7 sometimes loads normally after the error message
Is this a problem a Sony Service centre could help with?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

It seems like the hard drive is failing but before jumping to such conclusions.Could you please answer the following questions.

Do you have any external hard drives connected to the Laptop?

How many Hard disk partitions do you have in windows 7 like C,D etc? (Do not include CD/DVD drive or External hard drives connected to the Laptop)

How old is this Laptop?

Sincerely,
John

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had so many difficulties with passwords being reset and being told to change them, and having the new ones rejected, and being asked for a second fee after paying the first one, that I gave up on Just Answer and will not use it again. However, your diagnosis was confirmed by the local IT engineer, The error message was in fact intended to tip me off that the hard disk was about to fail. The local IT engineer is replacing the hard disk. Thank you. I am signing off now.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for replying back to me.

You do not need to pay anything extra.I will check it with customer care to see if there was any additional payment and if there is any they will refund it.

Backing up the data before replacing it will be good so try to do that.Is there anything else you like to know.

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

John