Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I'm using Excel 2007. I have 7 files each holding 4MB of

I'm using Excel 2007.
I have 7 files each holding 4MB of data, of which some areas need to be consolidated into one summary file. Is it best to load the 7 areas of data by VBA into the summary and maybe save on memory but not have an automatic update or use file links and have an automatic update but risk Summary file using too much memory?
Neil.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

4MB is aa very very small amount of data, so you should not be too concerned. But for sake of minimizing complexity, I would use links via a formula to display the data as opposed to a macro as the links are much more manageable and stable.