Dan
Dan, Network Administrator
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

How do I download books from Amazon onto my Kobo Touch

How do I download books from Amazon onto my Kobo Touch please ?
This is new to me so please keep it simple !!!
Ruth
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Do you have an Amazon account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I buy regularly from them so I guess I must have an account ???
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay. If you are having problems connecting directly, you can download the book from Amazon, then transfer it to a Micro USB or SD card.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but you've lost me !!!! Do I just click the download ? How do I transfer to a Micro USB or SD card ?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

My apologies, I probably skipped a couple of things. First, does your computer have what is called a media port? That will be a small port that accepts the different size SD cards like the one you might have in your digital camera used for storing photos.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You should also be able to connect your Kobo directly to your computer as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It probably does.....it was one of my daughters'spare' computers from her business. Yes I have the Kobo connected via a thingymajig with four 'ports' ????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have in my hand a Lexar Jumpdrive S70 8GB Hi speed USB !!!!!! (Can't get the darn thing out of the packaging though lol)
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the thingy is good enough. If you download a book from Amazon, then all you need to do is copy it to the Kobo.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You are delightful!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hahaha..........I pride myself with being nuts........"Blessed are the cracked for they shall let in the light " !!! ;0)Will Amazon download to my Kobo then ? Whats the thingamajig for ???
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

What you will do is find a book you like and download it to your computer. Once you have it, you will then need to transfer it to the Kobo. You should be using the USB cable that came with it to connect it directly to your computer. Is that how you have it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so.............I've barely used it......have just downloaded the free books. I'm after a book that Amazon sellers are charging about £345 or so for....it's only "How to Make Nylon Flowers" !!!!! But I can download it for £7+ which seems rather sensible lol !
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

When you connected your Kobo to your computer, did you get any acknowledgement that the computer recognized it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0)
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Do you know how to transfer the books to it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!! Never tried !
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Well the best way to learn is to give it a try with a book. If you have problems, you can always let me know and I will try to assist you as much as I can. I can also remote in to your computer, but that is a premium service and will cost extra.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I could probably manage it ! The thing about downloading to my computer then transferring it makes perfect sense to me now ! My daughter would help if I got stuck !
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay good. Amazon will also let you download and install their Kindle reader app for both your computer and smart phone so you can read your ebooks from either one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok.......thankyou so much Dan, I did buy a cheap book before I contacted you as I didn't want to spoil the one I was after (Or lose it !) I'll practice with that one ;0)
Night night sweet dreams ;0)DO I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE KINDLE READER APP first ?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

No. Here is what I do. I have an Amazon Prime membership which gets me some really good deals on ebooks. When I buy one, I have the Kindle app on both my computer and phone and can read an ebook from either. I can start reading on the computer, bookmark the page and pick it up right where I left off right on the phone. Your Kobo will read the books with the Kindle reader.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK.......that's fine. Thankyou so much for being so patient with an old fogey lol
Take care,
Ruth ;0)
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

My pleasure! Have fun and let me know if you run into trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou ;0) Byeeeeeeeeee !
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If you found my assistance helpful, please remember to rate my service. Have a good day!