Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I have been trying to upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10,

Customer Question

I have been trying to upgrade my windows 7 to windows 10, since it was available to me with the free tool supplied. However, although my machine is ready & has all the necessary updates & the Windows 10 program is downloaded I can not install it. is there a work-through to help me with this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Can you please tell me how did you initiate the upgrade? Did you create a bootable DVD installer from an ISO file from Microsoft?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I clicked on the "Get windows 10" icon in my task bar then followed through with each direction, as instructed

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your computer where you want to upgrade to Windows 10, so that I can directly assist you in the upgrade process?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** to take a break just now but will be happy to get this problem solved

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Please take your time and let me know when you are ready.

Also, the process needs a blank DVD to create the Windows 10 installer. So please have a blank DVD and let me know when you are ready to proceed.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Jess. I am back & have dvd's at hand.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for writing back.

I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Jess. My DVD is +RW. I hope this is satisfactory. I am ready to proceed at your own time

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Tom,

I have already sent you the formal offer for the Secure Remote Assistance. Please accept it so that we can start the remote session.

Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Tom,

Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9ed0f63a-bab6-4318-8a8f-1c33f0fa0071

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom,

How is it going? Were you able to download and run the remote tool using the procedures I gave you?