technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

My kindle fire will not charge even though the charging

My kindle fire will not charge even though the charging symbol shows when plugged in to the charging cable. My wife uses the same cable for her kindle and has no problems charging her kindle. What could be the issue?
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Please try the following steps. If they do not work, then let me know exactly what happened, and about how old your Kindle is:

1. Plug the device into the Kindle A/C adapter (not your computer) and let it charge for a few hours. Be sure the charging light is lit -- sometimes a drained Kindle will stop charging a few seconds after you plug it in. Unplug and replug until the light stays on steadily, then leave it alone. Most of the time you'll come back to a restored Kindle. If not, go on to step 2.
  2. If you still see the same Critical Battery screen after charging, unplug the USB cord, then hold the power slide to the right for at least 20 seconds.
  3. Release the power slide, then immediately press and hold the Home key for another 30 - 45 seconds.
  4. Once the Kindle’s screen begins to flash, release the Home key. The eReader will boot to recovery mode. To continue, press and hold the R key until the screen flashes again.
  5. After the device is finished rebooting, you may see the Critical Battery screen once more. If so, plug in the USB cord and wait for the Kindle to return to the Home screen.

**************

Please don't forget to rate my time and help to you before you go. If you need any further assistance, please just reply to this conversation. Thank You.

**************

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I powered down the kindle Fire (on off button) waited for 30 secs then powered up. Batterz now shows fully charged whereas before it was showing critical......Thanks..simple eh?

You're very welcome, and please remember that technique if this problem happens again. :)

Thanks for the positive rating, and thanks for using Just Answer.