John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I'm in a tangle with my passwords to my microsoft account.

I'm in a tangle with my passwords for access to my microsoft account.
my email address is;*****@******.*** and I have just changed my password ***** I have had a message that my account has my name but two passwords
I'm in the process of getting a new Desktop computer and I have obviously started a new approach to my account .The new desktop is being prepared for me I expect to collect it in a few days I wonder if this data could be ignored and erased from that connected with my new password£
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

Just to clarify are you trying to use this same Microsoft account (*****@******.***) with the new PC?

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

Which windows operating system is installed in the current system and new PC(windows 8 or windows 10)?

Sincerely,

John

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
to same microsoft account
no to the switch
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

I got the first one but i am confused by what you said second "no to the switch" ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
sorry john, I do not want a secure remote assistant
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

OH OK now i got it,You do not need to take its optional,If it shows as a pop up you can close it.

Now could you please let me know which windows operating system is installed in the current system and new PC(windows 8 or windows 10)?

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

Sir/Ma'am did you get my last reply,if not i will resend it

You do not need to take secure remote assistance its optional,If it shows as a pop up you can close the pop up window.

John

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi John
The current operating system is windows 7
The operating system of the new PC is windows 10
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

Windows 7 uses offline account to login not a online Microsoft account.Only windows 8 and windows 10 uses online login system.

Is the new PC with you now?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The new PC is not with not with me .It should be tomorrow
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

OK if you have a Microsoft account which is linked with***@******.*** then you can use that for creating a online account in windows 10

Are you sure you have Microsoft account linked with***@******.***? if you want you can check it using this link : - https://login.live.com enter your talktalk email and the password ***** Microsoft account and see if you can login successfully.Let me know

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

Were you able to login to your Microsoft account using the link i gave above?

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

Did you check it ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hello John
SorryI I used the link but got the same message .that Ihad been locked out
have to stop this query now John Il.wait until i get the pc back and try again.please accept the fee
Sorry that icannot enrol for any of your services
Regards.....Don Pearce
Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

If you are locked out then you need to submit the email recovery form which you can get using this link : - http://tinyurl.com/z56k5xt first try to reset the password ***** choosing the option I forgot my password ***** that fails then try the other options.I hope this helps.

No worries about the other service those are optional.

If you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate positively using the options on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. Have a Great God blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

John

Expert:  John replied 12 months ago.

Sincerely,

John