Martin
Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

My machine was locked up totally, so I called the 'Hotmail'

Customer Question

My machine was locked up totally, so I called the 'Hotmail' help number and the person replying to my call, got into my computer remotely, and totally destroyed my account, and I paid £200 to have this done!!!!!!! He then tells me I can use the e-mail, I asked what the f*** can I do with it since you've destroyed my account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi Neil and welcome.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

Just to be clear - you had someone call you and scam you for £200 stealing your Hotmail account so you called up a local tech guy to have a look at it and he created a new Hotmail account for you but what you're actually after is access to your old account. Correct?

If so may I connect with you to troubleshoot this issue directly?

Regards,
Martin

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. From your computer click the following link:

https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=6bd78392-c2a2-4434-8b19-88f655b5a9a8

Then click Join your session -->

And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client

Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.

Martin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I called the 'help' number, no-one called me initially, it was me who called the 'help' number!!!!!!! And I got my e-mail account deleted, I wouldn't call that help, and I will make sure that other people get the facts about 'hotmail' help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is the way it happened, but I would hardly call it assistance!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

It's a typical scam where you get a message on the screen saying your computer is infected or something alike and when you call they work their social engineering and get into your computer and compromise your data.

I am a network security specialist and will do my best to get you back on your feet.

I sent you a link to click on above so I can connect and work on this with you directly.

Here it is again: