IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I am trying to install Windows 7 32 bit on a new hard drive

Hi, I am trying to install Windows 7 32 bit on a new hard drive installed in my Acer Aspire 5742 laptop and every time I try and install windows 7 it gets to the starting windows screen then I get the BSOD message 0x000000C5. How can I fix this problem so that I can install windows 7?
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me if you have fully formatted the hard drive (deleted all the partitions that might have existed) before installing Windows 7?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a completely brand new hard drive I tried installing windows 7 without formatting because there was no option to format the drive after putting the DVD in the DVD drive.RegardsDerek
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

New hard disks come pre-formatted and should work without re-formatting them, however, since you are experiencing problems with installing Windows 7, I suggest manually delete and/or format the existing partition(s).

Please see these two images I attached. Did you see one of those windows upon installing Windows 7?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, but I did not see either of the photos when trying to install Windows 7 because when it got to the Starting Windows screen is when I got the BSOD message 0x000000C5 and the screen froze.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK. Has everything worked properly with the previous hard disk? Also, have you made any other changes to the computer except putting a new hard disk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The previous hard drive corrupted and damaged and stopped working. It was working fine until that happened.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Please attempt to load / install Windows 7 again, and if you see the same blue screen again, please check if you see an additional text displayed next to the "0x000000C5" error code, such as the "DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL" message or something else.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to install Windows 7 again and the additional text displayed is STOP: 0x000000C5 (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8BB5D4A7) then the laptop turns itself off.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK. Please tell me which hardware components are currently plugged into the laptop, such as external mouse, keyboard, external hard drive, printer, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are currently no external devices plugged into it not even an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

From what I can see, the 0x000000C5 error code refers to incompatible drivers. Maybe you need to install Windows 7 64-bit instead of the 32-bit version.

Do you have a Windows 7 64-bit installation disk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a Windows 7 64 bit maybe I could try and download one and try that as I only have a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit upgrade disc.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

If you have another working computer that is able to access the Internet and burn a blank disk, you can go to this link to download the Windows 7 64-bit ISO file:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery

If the link doesn't work, or if your product key wasn't accepted, let me know and I will look for another link.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my product key was not accepted.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK. Do you know if your product key is for Windows 7 Professional or another edition?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 7 professional upgrade
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Here is a direct link for the Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ISO file:

http://pcriver.net/download/pcriver.com_Win_7_64-bit_Pro.iso

It is 2.5 GB in size, so it will take some time to fully download. When done, insert a blank DVD and burn the ISO file. You can use a program named Free ISO Burner to burn it onto a DVD. It is free and can be downloaded on this link:

http://tinyurl.com/no2zumy

Start Free ISO Burner and insert a blank DVD. Click Open and locate the Windows 7 file you downloaded and then click Burn. Wait for several minutes for the burn process to finish.

After that, you will have a fully functional Windows 7 Professional 64-bit installation disk. Insert it into your Acer laptop, and hopefully, it will install without any problems.

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for that I will download it now. Also, when trying to install windows I get a message come up on screen just after the Acer logo appears saying Error Sending End of Post To ME what does it mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unable to download Windows 7 Professional 64 bit as the site address you gave me is currently not working
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

The "Error Sending End of Post To ME" refers to a problem with the BIOS. I suggest resetting the BIOS settings to factory default.

Let me check for an alternative download link. Hold on...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did reset the Bios to factory default settings then went into the Boot Squence and changed the boot up order to DVD drive first then the hard drive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I still got the error message Error Sending End of POST To ME
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK, maybe it just displays that error since there is no valid boot record found.

The direct link I sent you no longer works. You will need to go to this web page:

http://pcriver.com/operating-systems/windows-7-professional-iso-download/

and click on the second "Download" button to download Windows 7 64-bit version located in the "Windows 7 Professional ISO download links" section.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am just burning the iso to disc
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Great! Let me know if the 64-bit version was accepted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologise its still downloading
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Take your time and let me know how it went.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have just tried to install Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and when it was loading windows files an error message came up on screen 0x00000e9, an unexpected I/O error
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I then clicked enter to continue and clicked on Windows Setup (EMS Enabled) then it carried on loading files then turned itself off again
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

The "0x00000e9" error code refers to a problem with a hard disk detection. First, access the BIOS by restarting the computer and pressing the F2 key. There check the General or Info tab to see if the hard disk is detected.

Next, go to the Boot tab and check if it mentions anything related to SATA, AHCI and Secure Boot - if it does, let me know what is selected (enabled).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The BIOS does recognise the hard drive and its second in the boot sequence after the DVD drive. The SATA Mode is set at AHCI Mode
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

The boot sequence always displays the same options, such as hard drive, CD/DVD drive, USB, etc, even though they may not be present. To confirm if the hard disk has been successfully recognised, look in the first tab in the BIOS - General or Information.

If you can see "IDE0 Model Name" or "SATA0 Model Name" or similar information about the hard drive, please what it says about it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDD Model Name: HGST HTS545050A7E380BIOS Version V1.22
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK, it refers to a Hitachi 500 GB hard disk; however, I am not sure what is causing the problem with the Windows installation.

For testing purposes, I suggest powering off the laptop and taking out the hard disk. While the hard disk is out, load the Windows setup from the installation disk and check what happens. In normal circumstances, it should tell you that there is no hard disk drive present, or to load the drivers for it, but if you continue to see blue screens or auto shut downs, then the cause of the problem is with something else.

Check that and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took out the hard drive and rebooted. I did not get the error message Error Sending End of Post To ME, but I still got the error 0x00000e9
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked and it does say no hard drive present
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK. Since there are more errors when the hard disk is plugged in, it is possible that Windows 7 was only partially installed on it, causing the problem with the re-installation.

My suggestion is to put the hard disk drive into an external hard disk enclosure and connect it to another computer. It will be recognized as a removable disk drive. You can then fully format it and then put it back and try to re-install Windows 7 again.

Or, if you have another working hard disk drive, you can put it and attempt to re-install Windows 7.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have an external hard drive enclosure will have to get one. I will get another hard drive and see what happens in case the one I have happens to be faulty
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

An external hard drive enclosure looks something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-SATA-External-2-5-Inch-Hard-Drive-Case-Enclosure-HDD-SSD-USB-2-0-/111262052375?hash=item19e7bc3017:g:0x8AAOSwInxXNKA2

It doesn't cost much. It allows you to take an internal laptop hard drive and make it into an external, removable drive that you can connect to another computer using a USB cable. From there, you can format yours. Select slow format by unchecking the "quick format" box since that is a more reliable format method, although it takes longer to finish.

However, it is also possible that your new hard drive is faulty, so, if possible, get another one and try with it.

Regards,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help.RegardsDerek
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome!

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Regards,

IT Miro