StipeCo
StipeCo, Owner-StipeCo
Experience:  Over 16 years of professional experience.
44363440

Is there a way to fully de (make it executable as a c++

Customer Question

Is there a way to fully hide (make it executable as a c++ program that can not be seen with a text editor) a Bash script? If yes, please advise. Thanks, George
Category: Computer
Expert:  StipeCo replied 12 months ago.

Hi and Thank You for such a great question.

In my opinion the answer would be no, if the file exists on a device then it can be found.

Some solutions to your likely need would be the use of "putty" to remotely connect and run bash within a remote terminal session, the use of "pscp" to retrieve files, or even the use of "plink" for backend operations. Or, by specifying the file permissions on the file you don't want accessed so that users cannot edit the file.

I hope that I have provided you with an avenue to succeed in your endeavor and if I have answered your question to your satisfaction then please choose "Accept".

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thanks,I was thinking of converting the bash script to a binary file. Is there I solution in this direction?If I give the file to a user the file he/she can read it with sudo.If I put the file on a cloud it can be read by the cloud personnel.Please advise,
Cheers,
George