Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

1of our ps4 has been banned by Sony month. They claim that

1of our ps4 has been banned by Sony for a month. They claim that it was used to fraudulently make purchases on another persons account. This was not done by anyone in our home. Sony wont give us any answers as they claim it would be a breach of privacy. The managers wont even call us back. Is it possible for anyone to phone Sony making false claims? Also is it possible to hack our ps4 without being on the premises?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hi!

Has anyone had access to that PS4 such as a family member's friend or someone outside of your family that could make such a claim?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No one has had access to the Ps4 except my partner and me. Sony states there is no problem with our accounts, just with the actual ps4
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Was the PS4 purchased brand new by you or your partner?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The ps4 was bought brand new nearly 2 years ago and we havent bought any online accounts
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Do you use any VPN or IP address changing software when using your PS4?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Youve lost me with these questions so I suspect the answers are no
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

If you don't know the answer to the question then it is a "No"

Did you or your partner claim a chargeback on any purchase from the PS store?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We havent claimed any chargeback from the ps store
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

This is very strange. Do you use a shared Wi-Fi connection or does anyone else use your Wi-Fi or has used it recently?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The ps4 has an ethernet cable going to it from the hub plus our internet has a password ***** we dont give to anyone.
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Were you told by multiple people that was the reason for your ban or just by one person?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We have been told repeatedly by various people reading the notes on the case that the ps4 was used to fraudulently make purchases on another persons account. Sony will give us no details of when this occurred or what purchases where supposedly made. I can understand why they wont give a name due to account privacy, but not the rest of the details. Or why managers only seem to want to email saying basically we've checked this and nothing can be done
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately, it is tough to get past the initial managers and their decisions. It took me several days one time to find the CEO of a companies information in order to get something fixed so normally it's not a "if" it can happen but a "how long" before you find the right avenue to take with the issue.

Have you tried contacting them through Facebook and Twitter? A lot of companies are very quick on social media to fix issues because of the bad publicity.

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hi Pam,

I have not heard back from you in a while. Let me know if you need anymore help but I will try using their social media accounts.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Did you see my two replies?

26/07/2016 07:09

Hi Pam,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Your answers were not coming through to me. Is it possible for the Ps4 to be hacked by someone not in the house?
Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Can you see this??

Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Expert for over 10 years