Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have camcorder model HC-V520. It was bought in UK IN 2013.

Customer Question

I have camcorder model HC-V520. It was bought in UK IN 2013. It has suddenly stopped working properly. The screen shows black, no image, but it seems still to be recording. I have tried disconnecting battery - no difference. Sometimes I can replay video or still photos but not always. I am currently away from home and have tried to find a service centre but the page will not accept my UK postcode which is CA10 1BB.
Any advice?
My email is***@******.***
Roger Fox
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi Roger,

The camcorder is no longer under warranty so it would cost to have it repaired by the manufacturer. It is usually cheaper to find a local repair shop/person to fix it instead of sending it off to a large company to have it fixed.

Have you tried calling any local shops?

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
As far as I am concerned this was a waste of my money. I of course know that the camcorder is out of warranty. There was no attempt to identify from my description whether a repair was likely to be possible. I did ask for a list of approved service centres in UK but have had no response to that. I have no means at present for enabling direct connection to "my device" and I am not sure that it could be possible with a camcorder anyway.You are welcome to conclude that the matter is ended but not to my satisfaction. I shall not be able to deal with this again until mid August when I return home.
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Roger,

I am sorry but I never received a reply back asking for any approved centers in the UK. This is the first time that I have heard back from you since the 26th.

Please reply back here when you are back home and we can continue.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am currently travelling in Peru and do not have regular access to Internet. In my original enquiry I said that I had tried to find UK service centres from the Panasonic website but that I could not make it work.
I shall be travelling in Brazil shortly but will have Internet access from 7 August for 5days
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Roger,

What is your home postal code so I can look up local centers?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
CA10 1BB
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Roger,

This is the only service center that came up in your postal code range:

D K AUDIO VISUAL SERVICES LTD
Unit 17, Gatwick Metro Centre,
Balcombe Road,
Horley,
RH6 9GA

tel: 01293 406854
Email***@******.***
web:http://panasonic.dkavs.co.uk/

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks. Balcombe is about 400 miles away! Is that the only place in UK? CA is the area round Carlisle in NW England
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

That was the only place that appeared for repair on your camcorder from their website. If you give them a call, they should be able to provide a label so that you can mail it to them to have it fixed instead.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.